• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hearing Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldgendarme

Inactive
Reaction score
This is not a medical question but rather an experiential one:

Does the hearing test involve a pressure test?  Whereby they insert some plug like implements and there is some vaccuum pressure felt on the ear drums?

Also, I notice the standard for H3 is "up to 50dB in EITHER ear" when H1 and H2 include BOTH ears? Any thoughts or comments on this (non medical of course) as to why it would be this way?

Hear beep......push button.

Stop worrying about anything else.

If you have ever had one of those laying in bed, crying, hurts to move, ear infections as a child and had to get a doctor to get your ears fixed, it's the same test.
Or, it was for me anyway.
CDN Aviator is right.

BEEP, BEEp, BEep, Beep, beep, bee,be, b, is the best way I can explain it.
Hope it helps. :salute:

Answers to your questions.

First one - no.  Unless you have to see an ENT or audiologist, there is no tympanometry done.  Headset and beeps.  Push answer button when you hear it.  Not rocket science, no tricks.

Second one - Read the whole thing - the standards are within certain frequency ranges as well as volumes.  It sets apart people with very acute hearing, as H2 is showing some high frequency loss.  H3 is in the same frequency range, but is showing one ear not doing all that well vs the other.  Some occupations have tendencies of exposing one ear more to noise than the other, so one might be worse off.

Hope that helps a bit.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back