• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Heart Issues

Lots of people joined the CF without having held a job.  Don't forget to put down things like volunteering, babysitting, paper route, yard work, etc.  That and good school marks are just as important as having flipped burgers at McD's.  Maybe even more so.

I think I might find a job and wait a few months before I apply anyways just so that I have some experience.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

sddakto said:
I think I might find a job and wait a few months before I apply anyways just so that I have some experience.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Go apply NOW !

I joined the CF without ever having had a job. The process can take long enough as it is without you adding months for no good reason.

I have a minor heart murmur, found out in fall of '06 before I ran my first marathon. I had another echocardiogram done this past year before my 7th marathon and it is still the same - only minor. Heart Murmurs are very common in million of people, where every 10 pumps or so a little bit of blood leaks out one of the heart valves leading to the heart. They are common, so is this going to prevent somebody from joining the CF?
Thank u.

Opps, hehe. Well, I'm not the first nor will I be the last dumbass on here  :salute:

I have heart murmur, WPW, and pulmonary valve stenosis.  This doesn't effect my life.  I am very active. Running, bodybuilding. There's nothing I can't not do. I don't need to take any meds for it. I never needed surgery. It's not serous like that.  Years ago, my doctor signed a form, that I was physically able to be a paramedic, so I think it would be ok?

But will this really prevent me from getting excepted or not?

Nobody on this site can or should give you a yes or no answer. The only ones that can are the Recruiting Medical Authorities. My suggestion is call the local Recruiting Centre and ask to talk to one of the Medics. Or better yet go down and see them. They will tell you what you need to do.

Back