• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Heavy lift conundrum

air533 said:
Sure, we need airlift (a replacement for the herc, newer one's maybe, as well as the AN-124 or IL-76's, I just can't see Canada buying a half-dozen C-17's, not at the price they're asking) and sealift (I think some new AOR's and dedicated Ro-Ro's is better than the JSS concept though).

What worries me about all this is the more we can get troops and equipment to trouble spots and the faster we can do it, the faster we are going to see casualties.
I think our peacekeepers do a good job, but as a Canadian I'm not exactly keen on the idea of Canadian Forces personnel being involved in every military operation that the UN thinks is needed halfway across the globe.
I can understand the need for us to be in Afghanistan (sort of), but seriously, if we don't get strategic airlift or sealift, or any MBTs to replace the leo, I hope it at least keeps some of our soldiers out of harms way.

What the heck are you talking about ?

I think our peacekeepers do a good job,

D'oh! Man I hate how politicians and the media have summed the CF into the role of peacekeeper. Now its part of the Canadian lexicon . :(

Back