• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helicopter pilot wants to join at 44

jlmg

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a 43 year-old aircrft maintenance engineer and helicopter pilot with faily good experience, IFR, night flight etc, about 3000hrs flight time. I have always wanted to join the army but for different reasons never got to do it. I am wondering if I am too old to do it now, and if I can do it as a pilot?
Thanks

jlmg

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces(CAF).

There are 3 methods of entry for Pilot. They are CEOTP/AEAD, ROTP and DEO. CEOTP/AEAD and ROTP are programs which candidates will receive a university Degree on completion which is a requirement to be an Officer in the Forces. DEO entry plan is for candidates who already have a university degree. No, you are not too old at 43 years to apply. As long as you can complete your first variable initial engagement (VIE) or initial contract by the time you reach 60 years of age. VIE for pilots are 9-12 years. Please note that you will have to successfully complete aircrew selection.

What I have mentioned above can be found in detail on this site or at Forces.ca

Welcome to Army.ca

There is a ton of information on this Site regarding Officer entry programmes, flying training, joining at a later age, and many, many other topics. Please look around, and try the handy-dandy Search Function.

That will save you from asking questions that have already been answered, us from answering questions that have already been answered, and you'll stumble across answers to questions that have not even occurredto you yet.

Back