• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hell and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ I hope you get in.  Rooting for you, fo' sho'

Sapplicant said:
Thanks again to everyone on this site who has offered advice, and especially to Loachman.

My pleasure. Some people are worth a little effort. Keep pushing.

Loachman said:
My pleasure. Some people are worth a little effort. Keep pushing.

Really? You talking to my first wife?...... :)

Not yet. Should I? Does she have any of your money left?

You might say the forum is inspiring, but I think you're inspiring. Heck, I'm sure you're gonna be a writer in another life.  Like everybody else here, I hope you make it.  You sound like the type of guy everybody wants to be friends with.  And keep up the positive attitude. If you're still on the pot... you're an idiot

Good Luck

Nick

thenick said:
If you're still on the pot... you're an idiot

[rant] I'm not. I'd rather have a career in the Forces than a buzz-on. However, some of my friends still smokes, and I'm sure some of my family does too. They're not idiots. Smoking pot doesn't make someone an idiot. Giving up on yourself and letting drugs run your life makes you an idiot. I don't wanna debate this issue, but there are plenty of smart, motivated people who do smoke from time to time, and some who smoke every day. It's not our place to judge the people who do. It's just sad that so many people abuse it, much like alcohol or prescription drugs. I know, however, that it does cloud your mind and judgement. In the Forces, anything that does that is probably a big no-no. Plus, the smart/motivated people who DO use daily would probably be much more productive if they did give it up. I know it made a world of difference for me. But once again, it's not my place to judge, seeing as I don't have holes in my hands. [/rant]

Sapplicant

The ADHD diagnosis is absolute BS.

Anyone who has read your initial post, and the ones subsequent to it can see that you are clearly able to focus, and articulate your thoughts into a cohesive paragraph. Someone with a true ADHD diagnoses wouldn't be able to do that ( unless it took a few hours, or a couple of days).

Good luck to you. Remember, a good challenge in life makes the reward that much sweeter.

Latest update for anyone who cares to know,

At long last, I got my assessment forms in the mail. Interesting stuff, and the good doctor seems to think that a career in the Forces is right up my alley. Off to Fredericton on Thursday to hand it in and hope for a medical category reassignment. Strange call-out here, but could someone who's been following this thread, one of the more senior members, a wise person with many answers, who has the time and understanding, PM me? There's a question I'd like to ask that divulges information I'd rather not post for every person out there to see. (Nothing illegal or stupid, just personal preference)

Rejection #2, same deal, unfit due to ADHD that I don't have. All the "adhd" testing I paid a lot of money the for during my first appeal wasn't really relevant to proving I don't, and never did, have adhd. Sad part is, I sort of knew the whole time that this was the case. The CF doesn't care how smart I am, they want to know I'm not gonna go chasing after plastic bags caught in the wind, or forget to pull my pants up after taking a dump. Not much I can do anymore. I simply can't afford to pay for more testing, and likely won't be able to for a while. I'm not frustrated, not depressed, not angry, not confused. Just embarassed. That's about all I've got left to say. This is plain and simply embarassing. Bye for now folks, best of luck too all new/potential recruits, and to all the soldiers/sailors/aircrew, God bless and stay safe. Cheers!

Well Sapplicant,

I am truly sorry mate, that you were not able to join. However, there are many ways you can serve our Nation.  There is the Public Service, and all sorts of other vocations.

I hope you stick around, and keep us informed of your goals.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff locked, until further notice from sapplicant and his continuing diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back