• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helmets in Rental Vehicles on the Ranges In 1 CMBG?

I think that people have lost sight of the point of the "silly" policy in question: it has been implemented (IMO) for safety's sake. I know of a few people who have been in (army) vehicle accidents and the helmet has saved them from head injury. I myself questioned the wisdom of it, once upon a time, but as the father of a child who suffered a serious brain injury from simply tripping on a sidewalk, I can see the intent of the policy. In fact, I think it was long overdue, particularly for crewed vehicles. A proper CVC helmet would go a long way, in terms of comfort and actually being able to move around inside of a AFV, but the current helmet isn't too bad to wear, once you get used to it.

There have been some questionable applications of this rule: on buses, in staff cars, etc, but, as anybody who has been in the military for more than 2 minutes knows, once there is grey area in a regulation, people glom onto that, and try to fight it. Much better to be in clear black and white.

Allan

Proper being the key.  I'm more concerned with the resulting whiplash the added weight is going to cause then hitting my head.  The old M113's used to have a foam type helmet for the drivers, light and protective.

Back