• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey ya'll-Any Grey and Foresters?

foerestedwarrior

Inactive
Reaction score
Im sayin hi, introducing myslef. I am a member of the Grey and Simcoe Foresters from Barrie. any more of us out here?? i might be one of the few who actualy can use computerrs though :D

Good Day Forested - I am just beginning the recruitment process now to get my foot into the G&SF.  I used to be in 22 SVC in London about 15 years ago and decided to re-muster.

Whats the scoop on the Foresters?  Good Group (don't use real name)?

I paraded with them only once, when Princess Ann was in Toronto and the group then seemed tight.

Anywho, drop a line back here.

Copy-6 said:
Good Day Forested - I am just beginning the recruitment process now to get my foot into the G&SF.   I used to be in 22 SVC in London about 15 years ago and decided to re-muster.

Whats the scoop on the Foresters?   Good Group (don't use real name)?

I paraded with them only once, when Princess Ann was in Toronto and the group then seemed tight.

Anywho, drop a line back here.

Right on, so what trade were you? are you coming into barrie, or owen sound?? Well obviously we are an infantry regiment, we take very seriously or feildcraft, our garrison.. we care more about the feild, ill leave it at that. The guys are awesome, i geuse since you've been out for a while, youll be in the JR's, awesome bunch of guys, we just finished a renovation of the Barrie JR's mess. Our biggest problem right now, is  that we have enough leadership for our platoon in barrie, but we have been given a direct fire role, and if it comes into existence, we will need twice as many leaders, so we are doing a ton of recruiting, dont just get your foot in the door, take a running shoulder check at it. ;D

If your in barrie, then maby ill see you around

Hello again forested,

I was Admin (old TW II), and hope to be in with B-coy in Barrie.  I dropped in last Thursday to see the good MCpl. R-H.

What is a 'direct fire role'? 

I hope to be by again today (Thursday) to finish up some things.

I'm 36 now with three kids - I hope I'm up to the challenge.  (I'm a peace office with the Province right now and probably not at my physical best - a lot of Molson muscle down there)  ;)

Anywho perhaps I'll bump into ya or some other G&SF out there.

Well if you do come in you'll probably see me, if you drop into see the training company, I am attached to them to help out cus I am on my junior leadership course, so they have me teach classes and the MCpl who runs the show, helps me learn how to teach better.

And a direct fire role is things like Machine guns(C6, i've heard .50cal) so nothing indirect, like mortar grenade launcher and such. How it looks right now is that they will give us a ML full of C6's and say have fun, but we will see.

Hi Looking for info on my great drandad William James Burtch from Barrie enlisted 157th dec 13 1915. Have picture of him at Fox and pellican in England having xmas dinner with officers. No other info on him Please help Thanks Kevin Burtch

burtch said:
Hi Looking for info on my great drandad William James Burtch from Barrie enlisted 157th dec 13 1915. Have picture of him at Fox and pellican in England having xmas dinner with officers. No other info on him Please help Thanks Kevin Burtch
Give this site a shot (it's a database of WWI soldier's attestation papers):

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/02010602_e.html

Just so happens that they have records that match your name and date!

Hey foerestedwarrior I'm not in the foresters but when I turn 16 I plan on joining the reserves and the closest regiment is the Foresters B coy. So seeing as you are in already I was wondering if you could tell me some stuff about them. All I wanted to know is what the guys are like , and most importantly do they need people.

Good to see that the old Regiment is on the upswing after soooo many years.......

Good thing B Coy finally renovated the old JR's Mess.......possibly even removing the vomit stains from 85?

Hey Forested, I will be joining the G&SF soon, in fact I am just waiting for "the call". See ya on the parade square.

Pretorian.  :cdn:

Hey Hey finally a  Forrester lol  I was a Forester in 1996-1997 and then moved to Belleville and transfered to the Hasty P's and got out in late 1998 but i have always bragged about G&SF as CApt Fuller always Said Once  a forrester always a Forrester

Army Armstrong :salute: :cdn:

Spent a year there as an Artillery Lt. waiting for a remuster in 1998...never happend and I moved back to the Guns

Ubique

Regan

How's it goin. I have told the Grey and Simcoe Forresters unit in owensound, I would like to get back in. I have 2.5 years experience with the Lorne Scots "C"coy georgetown.  I talked to them 2 weeks ago and they had just received my file.  Waiting for the call.

foerestedwarrior said:
Im sayin hi, introducing myslef. I am a member of the Grey and Simcoe Foresters from Barrie. any more of us out here?? i might be one of the few who actualy can use computerrs though :D

Green and Slimy Foreskins? I started with them when I was 17, but they lost my file, so I put the Army on hold for a couple years, then decided to go regular. My family is still in Barrie, and I still have a room at my parents' place where I stop in a couple times a year, but home's good ol' Valcartier now. :salute:

Might see you next time I'm in town...

Hey  was a forester  from 1998-2001 in good old Barrie.  Quick question  is there still a  Mcpl(maybe Sgt) Alfford there  and  Cpl Ron Imasin( think I spelled his last name wrong)

Back