• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hi everyone, here's my situation

anton

Inactive
Reaction score
Im Anton, and im a 17 year old who wants to be recruited as an Infantry soldier. The unit I wanna join is the Cameron Highlanders of ottawa.

I got everything together, and Im submitting my app package on monday. I think i'm ready. Here's what i've been doing to prepare for each step:

Aptitude test:
been taking many iq tests, practice tests, aptitude tests from sites, puzzle books, etc. also been practicing very little math

Interview:
filled out interview sheet, studied it a bit, getting ready and building up confidence

Medical test:
nothing to do to prepare for this step, i guess. I've never done any drugs before, and my eyesight and hearing is okay.

Physical test:
practicing pushups/situps, gaining progress (right now i can do 15), doing some cardio work.

I feel confident, yet a tad nervous. This means alot to me. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or advice, Id gladly take it.

- anton.

Good to see you are preparing youself.

As for the CFAT study in the areas you feel weak, I know I studied a bunch of math because that was never my strongest subject.

Get yourself into a good workout routine. You have to do a minimum of 19 pushups, but aim for 50! You always want to be above the standard.
Im off to basic next week, but have been told cardio is the key. Get your 2.4k under 12 mins (try for 10:30) then once you can run that fine start doing 4k, 5k, 6k
so that when its your time to goto basic you wont be struggling with any of the PT. It all depends how you wanna do it, I prefer going to a gym because they have good equipment but others do with just a chinup and dip station bar.

Alright. So I submitted my package, and got a call 2 days later. Now, my aptitude is scheduled on the 28th. But the recruiter said that I'll probably have to wait about a year before getting enrolled cuz of my security background check (he said it would take a while because I have lived in a foreign country before). Has anyone heard of this? I REALLLY want to do my basic training this summer!!

anton said:
Alright. So I submitted my package, and got a call 2 days later. Now, my aptitude is scheduled on the 28th. But the recruiter said that I'll probably have to wait about a year before getting enrolled cuz of my security background check (he said it would take a while because I have lived in a foreign country before). Has anyone heard of this? I REALLLY want to do my basic training this summer!!

Unfortunately, it all depends on your relatives.  If they have been "good" back in the home country, you shouldn't have a problem.  It will still take a while, though.

Be patient.

Have you used the SEARCH Function to look up Background Checks, Security Clearances, Letters of Reference, etc.?

There has been a lot of questions on these things before and some very good and accurate answers.

Well, it might be nice to let u folks know that:

I only lived my childhood years in Thailand. I don't have a record there or here in Canada. Also, I've never had a credit card, loaned money, or had debt problems. I've never got arrested, or got involved in any police business. To sum it all up, I'm practically unknown to the rest of the world.

I know that doesnt exempt me from the S/BG check but I desperately want to do my BMQ full time this summer.

And yes i have used the search function. I've read countless topics and replies and found good info.

Just an update on my situation:

I ACED the aptitude test and qualified for a crap load of trades.

Well done. Now all you have to do is pick a trade that you're interested in.

Any ideas?

* hint hint *

violent-smiley-090.gif

Regards

Back