• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hi I'm almost finished with Borden for Now!!!!

cathtaylor

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone! just thought I'd say hello....I'm just 2 weeks from completing my QL3 Course in Supply...!!!! I got my first posting and I'll be moving to Edmonton.....1 General Service Battalion!!! I'm pretty excited about it I've never been there! Nor did I think that I'd be in this position a llittle over a year ago.  ;D
Enjoying my new career immencely!

take care
Cath

Congrats!!  Good luck to you in your career.  Stay proud and serve your country well!  :salute:

Congrats Cath.  Glad all is going good for you.  I was just wondering, I have been really interested in joining myself but I'm 38 yo and wouldn't feel comfortable with a bunch of young people.  How did you find it?  Were there other people up there in age?

Hope to hear from you.

Again, congratulations.

Congrats Cath.  Glad all is going good for you.  I was just wondering, I have been really interested in joining myself but I'm 38 yo and wouldn't feel comfortable with a bunch of young people.  How did you find it?  Were there other people up there in age?

Hope to hear from you.

Again, congratulations.

Ohhh don't worry about that! On my BMQ course for example there's a 38 year old guy, another guy who is past 40 I believe too. They're doing OK. the 38 yr old guy is having some trouble with PT, I suppose when your older you don't "bounce back" as quickly as the younger guys, but he's doing fine.

You will be a "minority" but anyone who is there that's like 25+ will feel old too so don't worry. Also, everyone starts feeling like they're simply part of "2 Section" VERY quickly... Don't worry, join up and everything will all fall into place. Just be yourself and do your best!

I have to ask, mostly because of curiousity sake:

Do you know a Private Silver, who is taking his QL3 training for AVN?

If it helps, the guy is about 214 lbs. of solid muscle and looks like a pro bodybuilder. Since you're in Borden and I figure everyone can't be as built as him there, I was merely wondering if you knew him somehow.

Pte (R) Joe said:
Ohhh don't worry about that! On my BMQ course for example there's a 38 year old guy, another guy who is past 40 I believe too. They're doing OK. the 38 yr old guy is having some trouble with PT, I suppose when your older you don't "bounce back" as quickly as the younger guys, but he's doing fine.

You will be a "minority" but anyone who is there that's like 25+ will feel old too so don't worry. Also, everyone starts feeling like they're simply part of "2 Section" VERY quickly... Don't worry, join up and everything will all fall into place. Just be yourself and do your best!

its also depends on the BMQ, Reserve weekend BMQ is easiler than the Regular BMQ. However, that's doesn't mean you can't join. Someone like me, 21 years old, may not even have a good shape compairing to old people.

Back