• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

high school diploma

NavyLife123

Inactive
Reaction score
I have applied for the navy, as an electrical technition. I am currently still enrolled in highschool (grade 12), but i wish to leave ASAP. Im going to graduate depending on when i am accepted and when i can leave. On the website it says that all i need is my gr 10 english and math. I am an honor roll student (75% and up) and am sure this is the career i want to pursue. Will the fact i have not graduated highschool effect my application?

You only have a few months left of school... finish it.  Even if you had another 1-2 years left I would recommend finishing it.

Do not drop out of high school.

I am in Secondary School as well (Grade 12), and trust me get your diploma not only does it make you more competitive but it helps later down the road if and when you want to take some part time courses that may benefit your chosen profession or when you leave the service to go to school or another job and you can't do that without a Secondary School Diploma. So get your grades high and maintain them, earn your diploma and graduate and maybe I'll see your ass in BMQ.

With marks that high and a few more months to go, finish. I graduated grade 12 with what was called a general diploma in 1991 but things have come along to where I'd have been better off trying to get my advanced. You've go too much going for you to just do the minimums.

Your marks along with the highest grade completed, in your case Grade Eleven, would definitely lower your military potential score making you less competitive. Your high marks in grade 12 would not compensate enough to make a difference. Even if you applied now you most likely wouldn't get on BMQ until the summer so finish your grade 12.

Finish your highschool. What happenes if after your first 3 years you don't want to be here and you have no ged?

NavyLife123 said:
I have applied for the navy, as an electrical technition. I am currently still enrolled in highschool (grade 12), but i wish to leave ASAP. Im going to graduate depending on when i am accepted and when i can leave. On the website it says that all i need is my gr 10 english and math. I am an honor roll student (75% and up) and am sure this is the career i want to pursue. Will the fact i have not graduated highschool effect my application?

An honour roll student who can't (or is too lazy to) properly spell or capitalize!  I guess the meaning of honour roll has changed since I was in high school.

Back