• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Highly sought after?

Mike28

Inactive
Reaction score
Well after much research on the different jobs I'd be suited for, Imagery Technician seems a perfect fit for me. After my aptitude test, I found it on my list of recommended jobs. I cant go in for my physical until mid-July.
But I was wondering if I should prepare a second choice, in case Image Tech is highly sought after.
Should I?

I've always subscribed to the notion that it is always best to have options.  If you like both equally, and are suitable, put them both down.  Should/when an offer come in you can always turn it down should your decision become more clear down the road.

However, if Image Tech is the only position you think you'd be happy pursuing a career in, then put only that down.

Mike:
If you're looking for a good trade, have you considered Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator (AES Op). If you're interested in it you can get lots of info here:

www.aesoplounge.com

The trade of image tech is a trade that we hier one per year if that. You definately want to pic a second choice. This fiscal year there are 0 position. We hiered one for the entire country last year.

Image tech would appear to bet the most purple of trades. Used by all elements of the CF in a myriad of applications. Combat Camera seems to have an excellent handle on things. Is there a large number of Image Techs and where are they concentrated? Seems like a trade with a varying and demanding set of job skills. ;)

Image Techs and the CC folks have an awesome job. They're one of the few trades this civvie would consider joining for (and has even somewhat the aptitude for), but after talking to a bunch of them both here and in Afghanistan, they're not hiring, and even if they were, the line that would form would go out the door and around the block

TR said:
The trade of image tech is a trade that we hierhire one per year if that. You definately want to pic pick a second choice. This fiscal year there are 0 position. We hieredhired one for the entire country last year.

wow

A few years ago I had a Corporal working for me who did an occupational transfer into the Image Tech trade.  He had all the technical skills they were looking for and had won a number of CF (and other) photo competitions.  I believe the year he was picked up was his fifth application for the trade.  Competition for photo tech is very tight.

Back