• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

History of CF involvement in Cyprus

GrimRX

Reaction score
Now I took a look through the archives and I haven't been able to find anything so I'll send this question up:

I'm doing a paper on the CF's involvement in Cyprus and there seems to be a lack of good books in my University and local library's.

Can anyone here recommend any good websites or, hell, like to point me to an overview of our involvement there?  Also, if you guys have any personal experiance from there, I would appreshate those as well.

Thank you kindly.

I am getting kind of tired posting the exact website for this sort of thing but if you google the Canadian Directorate of History. then go to the reports section you will find several reports done on Peacekeeping by the various geographical regions and timelines and the Headquarters involved. The nice thing about these reports are that they are 1) primary sources, 2) clear and concise. Lastly, try the search function of this site and you should find some more interesting leads to follow. Next web search the various regiments and associations, Airborne,PPCLI, RCR, etc........... you should have no problem coming up with enough source material. My apologies for the bark at the start but it is Monday morning.

VP

3rd Herd said:
I am getting kind of tired posting the exact website for this sort of thing but if you google the Canadian Directorate of History. then go to the reports section you will find several reports done on Peacekeeping by the various geographical regions and timelines and the Headquarters involved. The nice thing about these reports are that they are 1) primary sources, 2) clear and concise. Lastly, try the search function of this site and you should find some more interesting leads to follow. Next web search the various regiments and associations, Airborne,PPCLI, RCR, etc........... you should have no problem coming up with enough source material. My apologies for the bark at the start but it is Monday morning.

VP

thank you for the assistance (I understand about it being monday morning as the last time I slept was 3am sunday morning, yay essay season, lol).  I had actually tried the search option on this site (using the key word Cyprus) and came up.. lacking, ^^;;  I will definetly try the Canadian Directorate of History though.  I followed a previous lead to Commando.org which provided some interesting information, but I thought to come here first before scattering my search pattern to the high winds.

Again, thanks for the assist,  :)

You may want to have a look at the Canadian Military History Gateway as well.
http://www.cmhg.gc.ca/

Back