• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hockey Canada in the Government Crosshairs

Got a problem in Canada? Try a retired Supreme Court justice!

Speaking of hockey players...

Tofino resort co-owned by former NHL star cancels fishing derby after 'highly inappropriate behaviour' at event​

A popular tourist resort in Tofino, B.C., co-owned by former NHL player Willie Mitchell, says it is operating under an interim manager after "highly inappropriate behaviour" came to light during its annual fishing tournament.

The details of the alleged behaviour are still unclear, but the Tofino Resort and Marina says it has cancelled the remainder of the Race for the Blue tournament, which was scheduled to run from Sept. 9 to Sept. 17.

It is not clear yet whether the behaviour involved Mitchell or other resort leadership.

Money talks when money walks - ouch!

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

One of the local radio stations were just ripping into them for being utterly stupid and saying "Cut the funding"

Why do I feel like the heritage that binds us together is being systematically dismantled around us? CAF... Hockey Canada...

Punish the individual perpetrators, but save the institutions.

Why do I feel like the heritage that binds us together is being systematically dismantled around us? CAF... Hockey Canada...

Yep, the BoD needs to fall on their swords.

But there also needs to be culture change within the heritage itself. Graham James was 30+ years ago, and its still happening.

In the case of hockey, can the game of hockey carry on outside of that particular institution as it's currently constituted?

Even if hockey "binds us together" as Canadians, do we need to put up with the shittiest of shenanigans for the sake of "hey, it's a part of our national culture/heritage"? Like someone smarter than me once said ....
StandardYouWalkBy.jpg

IMO the whole leadership of HC needs to change.

And the PM Should be told "STFU"

In the case of hockey, can the game of hockey carry on outside of that particular institution as it's currently constituted?

Even if hockey "binds us together" as Canadians, do we need to put up with the shittiest of shenanigans for the sake of "hey, it's a part of our national culture/heritage"? Like someone smarter than me once said ....
View attachment 74074

So burn it all down then because a handful of people are shit pumps.

So burn it all down then because a handful of people are shit pumps.
Any sports organization that finds only a single sexual assault compensation fund to be insufficient probably needs to be burned down and rebuilt. That’s not an attack on our culture, it’s an organization being seen for what it is-profoundly screwed up, and enabling of some terrible behaviour.

Hockey is a Canadian institution. Hockey Canada is not.

Considering that the executives of Hockey Canada still can't figure out that it is not acceptable to sexually assault women. And Hush money is not how to deal with it
And I am sorry but the victims here are not the Board of Directors of Hockey Canada. No matter how much they bleat that they are.

Considering that the executives of Hockey Canada still can't figure out that it is not acceptable to sexually assault women. And Hush money is not how to deal with it

...maybe they figured "leading by example" from the highest level(s) of the country meant it was okay for them too? 🤷‍♂️

Regardless of how big of crap pumps Hockey Canada may or may not be…in what way is it the business of the Prime Minister and Parliament to involve themselves in this?

Sure- cut off public funding, but surely there are more pressing issues for the Government?

Except the organization was purposely hiding criminal acts by paying victims for their silence using taxpayer money and money from parent registration fees. This is well beyond individual issues: This is a systemic problem that requires an organizational shift.