• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hockey Canada in the Government Crosshairs

I would love too.

First rule every kid under 14 plays with a cheap wood stick under $50 price.
Really grow the first Shift program, more partners than CT.
All associations will ban paid coaches under the AAA division. Including parent "gifts"
Coaches can not have side "training" businesses or development sidelines.
You play as our sex at birth (just put that to bed early) Girls can play on boys till they feel they can't in REP hockey.
Checking moved to U12......its really dumb where its at. U14 some boys are man size and some are still small etc.
I would partner with very large companies and NHL etc. to have a huge outreach into the New Canadian communities across the country. Huge focus here.
Break up the GTHL.
Develop a scholarship program and partnering program with U and Collages for CHL, Junior B, C players for post secondary ed. The US scholarship programs are almost cut off for Canadians now.
Hire a better online training company and system! (I bet there was some funny business here....)

Oh and most importantly tell Trudeau to pound salt.
There you go making sense, giving any of these ideas the kiss of death.

USA Hockey limits Body Checking to Boys (Coed) 14U and above, BUT Body Contract through angling etc is allowed at all ages.

Body Contact was reintroduced as a way to acknowledge the game is physical and a way to break players gradually into checking.

A legal check requires a play for the puck with the checkers stick on the ice. Hip checks are legal in very small amount of situations due to this - as well as no hitting from behind. The other aspect of this is larger kids generally won’t get a chance to plow over smaller kids, as they can poke the puck before contact is made, or the smaller guy will move the puck in a manner not to make a check legal.

It is a far cry from the game that I played years ago, and much safer because of it.

Girls Hockey is generally rougher and IMHO more dangerous due to the lack of allowance for checking, there are a lot more elbowing and illegal checks based on my observations.

USA Hockey limits Body Checking to Boys (Coed) 14U and above, BUT Body Contract through angling etc is allowed at all ages.

Body Contact was reintroduced as a way to acknowledge the game is physical and a way to break players gradually into checking.

A legal check requires a play for the puck with the checkers stick on the ice. Hip checks are legal in very small amount of situations due to this - as well as no hitting from behind. The other aspect of this is larger kids generally won’t get a chance to plow over smaller kids, as they can poke the puck before contact is made, or the smaller guy will move the puck in a manner not to make a check legal.

It is a far cry from the game that I played years ago, and much safer because of it.

Girls Hockey is generally rougher and IMHO more dangerous due to the lack of allowance for checking, there are a lot more elbowing and illegal checks based on my observations.
I've never understood why they don't just allow checking in girls hockey?

I've never understood why they don't just allow checking in girls hockey?
You and me both, but speaking to some parents who played Spring with me - who returned their players to Girls Only Hockey in the Fall had significant concerns over the contact in 14U.
Spring being an off mix of birth years the Middle years (11-13) has players who will have played contact in 14U - and others who waviest paying in 12U. There was more hitting in 12U and Spring Middle than 14U in my observations...

Broadening the picture for some context, this about a month after the government's freeze on Hockey Canada ...
... and a reminder today from some gymnasts
#NotJustHockey :cry:

Broadening the picture for some context, this about a month after the government's freeze on Hockey Canada ...
... and a reminder today from some gymnasts
#NotJustHockey :cry:
I wish people would see the bigger picture. This is a political campaign. Its targeting sports at the moment. All part a larger movement to undermine the institutions and basis of society we live in. But I will be called a Tin Foil hat wearer. And yes I tell myself remember Hanlon Razor.

But the goal here is.....oh forget it....I give up

I wish people would see the bigger picture. This is a political campaign. Its targeting sports at the moment. All part a larger movement to undermine the institutions and basis of society we live in. But I will be called a Tin Foil hat wearer. And yes I tell myself remember Hanlon Razor.

But the goal here is.....oh forget it....I give up
Let me finish it for you...

But the goal here is to stop adults in a position of power from sexually assaulting the children under their care.

But the goal here is to stop adults in a position of power from sexually assaulting the children under their care.
I so wish that to the be the case.....but alas its is not...

Hmmm…laudable.

Presumably, the Liberals will leave no stone unturned in their quest to stop adults in power from sexually assaulting children under their care.

Bingo.

I so wish that to the be the case.....but alas its is not...

What's the end state in your theory ?

Pardon me if I fail to have sympathy for institutions that willfully harbor sexual predators.

200.gif

Pardon me if I fail to have sympathy for institutions that willfully harbor sexual predators.

200.gif
I get where you're coming from. In a perfect world all the predators would be incarcerated or alternately "taken care of".

However this is not the case. I think the days of hiding these creeps is over though.

Whoa...

'It hurts my heart': Former classmate of Mitchell Miller says NHL prospect bullied him for years​

Hockey Diversity Alliance releases statement Wednesday on bullying victim’s behalf​

Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, who was bullied by NHL prospect Mitchell Miller in middle school, says he hasn't seen any proof that Miller has changed his ways.

In a statement released Wednesday by the Hockey Diversity Alliance, Meyer-Crothers, who is Black and has developmental disabilities, said Miller reached out by text to apologize and to say he was doing community work to help young people.

"I told him, `That's all cool but where is the proof though?' He didn't give me any [proof]," Meyer-Crothers said.

"All the lies I have been told from him for so many years I don't believe what Mitchell told me."

Whoa...

'It hurts my heart': Former classmate of Mitchell Miller says NHL prospect bullied him for years​

Hockey Diversity Alliance releases statement Wednesday on bullying victim’s behalf​

Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, who was bullied by NHL prospect Mitchell Miller in middle school, says he hasn't seen any proof that Miller has changed his ways.

In a statement released Wednesday by the Hockey Diversity Alliance, Meyer-Crothers, who is Black and has developmental disabilities, said Miller reached out by text to apologize and to say he was doing community work to help young people.

"I told him, `That's all cool but where is the proof though?' He didn't give me any [proof]," Meyer-Crothers said.

"All the lies I have been told from him for so many years I don't believe what Mitchell told me."

That was hard to read.

That was hard to read.
Before we get too heartfelt this is one side of the story. There is a counter story that this guy is not the poor soul that has been portrayed in the media. I haven’t seen it however this happened in 2016? Can one not change?

What pisses me off is there is no forgiveness, he’s not allowed to defend himself. No -off with his head.

Yet Michael Vick was allowed back in the NFL. NFL gangsters are reported on every year yet it seems they are forgiven.

The double standard really piss me off

Last edited:
Before we get too heartfelt this is one side of the story. There is a counter story that this guy is not the poor soul that has been portrayed in the media. I haven’t seen it however this happened in 2016? Can one not change?

What pisses me off is there is no forgiveness, he’s not allowed to defend himself. No -off with his head.

Yet Michael Vick was allowed back in the NFL. NFL gangsters are reported on every year yet it seems they are forgiven.

I don’t know. Why should this guy forgive when it’s clear the only reason this guy wants forgiveness (and I’m not even sure he is actually seeking that) is so he can get signed on a professional hockey team. It seems like it was a condition that was imposed on him and he that he made some sort half assed effort to reach out that only made things worse it would seem.

The victim gets to decide if he wants to forgive. And if he doesn’t that’s his decision.

Reactions: MJP

There can generally always be a redemption arc but one has to actually do the work to get that redemption. It just shouldn't come because some time has passed.

By all accounts he tried through his agent to say he was working with a bunch of organizations but wasn't. The only"work" he has done was court ordered. He also never truly apologized to his victim and only reached out to him and other organizations when there was a chance that a NHL team could sign him

The two statements below from Hockey Diversity tell an unflattering tale. One is their statement when the signing was announced and the other is a statement from the victim.

Usual reminder: The Charter says "Any person charged with an offence has the right ... to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal." Also, none of the allegations have been proven in court.
Also, a bit of analysis from a former Canadian Olympic/Commonewealth Games gold-medal rowing team member ...