• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Holiday 2010 - Rants

airmich said:
...to which she replies back "but I have to work until at least 5pm on the 24th so there is no way I can be there before 6pm."
I can be there for mid-afternoon.    :nod:

;D

Journeyman said:
I can be there for mid-afternoon.    :nod:

;D

Hmmm.  Not sure what hubby would have to say about that.  But hey, bring me wine and chocolate and it's all good on my side!  :)

I was just given an (super) early Christmas present. Chocolate from Germany. They taste like rum so much I'm afraid if I have more than two I might blow over the limit if I get pulled over.

Occam said:
You talking about little old highway 185?  There's a winter storm that runs from November to March in that area.  That's a good thing, because if it weren't for the snow, the potholes would swallow your car.  ;D

Because we know you're going to be on the road and we put the TSR in for it as soon as we can after New Yeas so it's all set and ready.  :warstory:

I got my "What are you doing for Christmas" call yesterday.  I don't even know what I'm doing on Wednesday and people want to know what I'm doing a month down the road.  I could be dead and buried by Saturday depending on how badly  I p*** off 9er Domestic , and people want to know what my plans are for December.

Really, who plans that far ahead, and who is that good at organising that their plan holds that long.  Obviously they don't realise that no plan survives contact with an Irish Catholic Clan gathering.

After the full contact Thanksgiving this year,  I'm within a blonde gnats pubie of telling them all to sod off, and spend my Christmas in Varadero getting thoroughly marinated from the inside.

George Wallace said:
I don't mean members of other religions here, but those claiming to not have a religion.  Anything to get out of being put on "Duty".

Really. I have volunteered to do the DSTs over Christmas (and have done them) since I enrolled. I have also added on to those 'volunteer days of duty' by being voluntold ('tis the silly season after all).  >:D

So typeth the girl who has just returned from finishing her gift shopping for the 4 kids, 9erD, in-laws and mom.

That's right - I am DONE!!! Finished!! Officially overwith!!

And, I did volunteer for duty again this year, alas it is not to be.  ;D

Careful, they may just drag you back, just for the holidays...... :nod:

Kat Stevens said:
..... spend my Christmas in Varadero getting thoroughly marinated from the inside.
It's all coming together. I'll be at Mich's for Christmas dinner, then RV'ing with you for Boxing Day marination.

See? I can plan ahead.    :cheers:

A Scottish Christmas story:

Warms the cockles of your tartan heart….

----------------------------------------

A man in Scotland calls his son in London the day before Christmas Eve and
says, "I hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you that your mother and I
are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough".

"Dad, what are you talking about?'" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer", the father says.
"We're sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call
your sister in Leeds and tell her".

Frantically, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone, "Like hell
they're getting divorced", she shouts, "I'll take care of this".

She calls Scotland immediately and screams at her father, "You are NOT
getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my
brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing,
DO YOU HEAR ME?"and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife.
"Done! They're coming for Christmas - and they're paying their own way.."

Started to get my calls several weeks ago, my siblings like to send "lists" of what they would like to have for Christmas, my nephews and neices get cash. As for vacation heading home to NFLD for 4 weeks and spending it at my mothers as I do every year. No duty.

Back