• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Long Have You Served in the CF?

How Long Have You Served in the CF?

• Total voters
Started in '89 at 700 Borden Comm Sqn as a RAD op  (can I say pimply bum here?) did a year of that and saw the light.  Re-mustered to the best trade in Sigs 052 Lineman! 

Component transfer to Regs in '97 posted to 76 Comm Gp Ottawa then in '04 to CFJSR 1 Line.

Loved it all along, seen parts of the country and world not many get to.  (soon to be another)

cripes...too long...24 years.  Nice being on the 30/30 plan now.

Just shy of 5 months... Joined at 18, still 18.

geo said:
hehe.... nah, still a young pup.... need a 2nd clasp to be a member of the "real old boys" club

Nah, that would be the geriatrics club  ;D (I crack myself up  ;D)

EDIT

I hope no one takes offence to what I wrote above, I have sincer admiration for those that have been around long enough to get a second clasp for the CD.  :cheers:

Reserves: Feb 2003 - March 2006
Reg Force: March 2006 - Present

I am a new comer to your site but,i have been reading it's content for some time .I have joined the Canadian Army in 1964(yes yes I'm that old) and retired in 1986.I don't know how your service number works out today but mine started with SD 197XXX.
Thank you for the dedication all of you show to your duty

Attended my last Remembrance Day Ceremony wearing the Queen's uniform on Saturday. As Nfld Sapper states, a member of the geriatrics club.
Joined cadets in Sept 1960, and the Army Reserves in Oct 1962. Will retire from the Reserves in Aug 2007. CD and 3 clasps occasionally raises eyebrows. A CWO I know, who is with the Cadet Regional office, wears the same.
The remainder of my service will be full of last times, including doing my BFT last month.

heh..... geriatrics ("only" 6 years to my 3rd clasp)

what say we just do a roll past on the next remembrance day parade ;)

a23trucker said:
Just passed 30 yrs PRes
19 yrs as NCO
11 yrs as an Officer
No time as an NCM?
(sorry, being pedantic)
NCO: rank of Cpl and Sgt

Joined 24 Mar 93 as an NCI Op.
Remustered, in Cornwallis, to Veh Tech.
Switched to the dark side 30 Apr 05.
Loggie now. Turning grey very fast.

Rifleman62 said:
Attended my last Remembrance Day Ceremony wearing the Queen's uniform on Saturday. As Nfld Sapper states, a member of the geriatrics club.
Joined cadets in Sept 1960, and the Army Reserves in Oct 1962. Will retire from the Reserves in Aug 2007. CD and 3 clasps occasionally raises eyebrows. A CWO I know, who is with the Cadet Regional office, wears the same.
The remainder of my service will be full of last times, including doing my BFT last month.
A retired Air Force Lt Col who is now CIC just recieved his third clasp as well.

Class C Reserve (YTEP) Nov 86-Nov 87
Reg Force Nove 87-May 89
Air Reserve (Prim) Jun 90-Sep 95
Reg Force Jun 96 - still serving.

Got my CD in 2000.

Well, I guess I've served long enough to be awarded my clasp for my CD.  Found out last night at a mess function that I am to be on parade this coming week in order to receive this 'illustrious' award. Don't worry, I shan't amend my post-nominals to read "CD1".

As an aside, I have a BA.  In which order are they listed?  Is it "Joe Schmoe CD, BA" or "Joe Schmoe BA, CD"?

(maybe it should be listed as being : ABCD)  (JK)

geo said:
(maybe it should be listed as being : ABCD)  (JK)
:rofl:

You know what?  That is honestly the first time I have ever noticed that!

Thanks for the laugh.

Cheers

von Garvin, ABCD ;)

Back