• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many weeks before BMQ did they tell you your date?

tannerthehammer

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm doing my BMQ/SQ this summer and I am hoping they won't wait till last minute to tell me my dates because I have to apply for a leave of absence from work and it will take 2 weeks to come through....

My husband only got 2 and a half weeks notice but he was the last one in our region to find out so I don't think that that is the norm.  The other guys that got sworn in got 5 to 6 weeks notice.

This has been talked about a lot around here..

In short ... you'll get your call when you get your call. You don't know, I don't know, a lot of people around here don't know. We're all in the same boat and we'll find out whenever they decide to tell us.

I knew it would be coming up in a while as soon as they had enough people, then I got the official dates one week before.

Out here in the west, the schedule is posted online  http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa_hq/it/calendar.htm
you may want to check to see if your area has a similar resource.
Of course as with everything in this great establishment, details are subject to change for no apparent reason, or notice :)

well from finishing my paperwork on a Tues. I got a call for training on Thur. so 3 days notes and i swore in the next Mon. and I leave for BMQ the next week
so almost 2 week from start to leaving

Steve said:
This has been talked about a lot around here..

In short ... you'll get your call when you get your call. You don't know, I don't know, a lot of people around here don't know. We're all in the same boat and we'll find out whenever they decide to tell us.

I wasn't asking when I was gonna get my call I asked how long it took you to get yours...THanks

Back