• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How not to make an impression in applying for RMC/ROTP

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is a Lock.

Join us next time folks as our hero Super Applicant tackles his nemesis, Search and Find Man.  Watch as he dodges, bobs, and weaves to grab on to the elusive Grail, FruitoftheSpoonFed.

Until then kids, sleep tight, and return for the adventures of SA!!

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

In order to apply for the RMC ? I've been told it's something like that in the United States to enter service academies.

www.rmc.ca has all the answers you're looking for.  Best part?  No hours of operation.  It's available 24/7.

IceRealm said:
Already been there. Guess it doesn't have my answers.

It does.  You just can't be bothered to read.

It took me less than five minutes to find this - http://www.rmc.ca/adm/ua-epc-eng.asp - which says: 

A) High School Graduate, High School Student, College Graduate, College Student, University Student

If you identify yourself as one of the above, and you are interested in pursuing a career with the Canadian Forces, you may wish to apply for the Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP) or the Reserve Entry Training Plan (RETP).  Both of these Canadian Forces programs offer you the opportunity of complete university studies at RMCC and then pursue a rewarding career in a number of occupations as an officer of the Canadian Forces. 

Look up ROTP on the recruiting website, and you find this page:  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96#paiduniversity-1

Do you see anything about a letter from your MP?  I don't.

If it's not there, you don't need it.  Stop trying to equate things the US Military does to what we do.  Oh, and read more!

You're welcome.

See... now that wasn't hard at all. You just ended two topics worth of conflict.

I really do appreciate it, even though you were a prick about giving a proper answer... And sent me what I wasn't looking for. All I really wanted to know was whether or not I needed assistance from a politician. Technically, no one here could find the precise answer themselves.

Thank's A LOT though. And Ave to you. x]

IceRealm said:
See... now that wasn't hard at all. You just ended two topics worth of conflict.

I really do appreciate it, even though you were a prick about giving a proper answer... And sent me what I wasn't looking for. All I really wanted to know was whether or not I needed assistance from a politician. Technically, no one here could find the precise answer themselves.

All righty folks, spoon feeding is over.

IceRealm, please do your own research, we are not here to entertain self entitlement, you could have just as easily found the answers. Brow beating the membership into giving you your answers, does not fly on this forum.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

IceRealm: Read what I, and others, are saying to you - several times if that's what it takes to sink in.

We expect you do do the work necessary to find the information which is usually available on this site or through a search of other pertinent sites. We are not here to answer the same questions over and over and over again from people who are either too lazy or too stupid to do that for themselves.

This is much like the CF in general. You will not get spoonfed information or be coddled there, including at RMC. Pester your instructors with questions for which you cannot be bothered to find your own answers with a little thought and effort and you will not have a very pleasant time, or a long one. You'll be written off quite quickly by everyone around you as a lazy slug.

We know the answers. We've told you how to find them. We are not responsible for doing your work for you.

I hope, for a lot of people's sakes, that you grow up before being responsible for good troops.

How not to make an impression in applying for RMC/ROTP was amply demonstrated in the above posts, all topics started by one member lacking initiative who expected to be waited on hand and foot.  His lack of ability to do research, poor attitude, and failure to follow direction let us witness him display several temper tantrums.  These are all qualities that demonstrated his inability to handle stress.  None of the qualities he demonstrated are what the CF is looking for in its potential leaders. 

Please take notice.  This is not the way to impress your superiors/future instructors/future bosses, or any sensible adult for that matter, when indicating your intention to apply to join the CF.  Study these examples and learn lessons from them.

IceRealm said:

Dude, if you think that some people here are pricks, wait until you get in. You'll be in for a dose of reality.

Burger King is always hiring and they don't make you have to think for yourself.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back