• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to Lose Friends and Alienate Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
c_canuk said:
I wish this much furor was raised when members of the NDP want to have the CF tried for war crimes for handing afghan criminals to the afgan government, or some university commie tries to ban recruiting on campus.
My point as well...

Canadians say much worse things about our military online (murders, baby killers, mindless robots) than those jokers down south did.

For instance here is a comment from a newspaper website (and its was not even one of the worst, name edited out by me):
Jxxx Bxxxx  from Canada writes:
nice load of crap.
Tell that story to families of those, that Canadian soldiers killed. And will kill. It will lessen their pain, at losing a small infant not even out of diapers. Make them feel all warm inside.
Before Canada leaves we will hear of more atrocities commited by our soldiers. This is fact.

Here is a "better" one, talking about the repatriation of one of our fallen (again, named removed by me)
XXX XXXXX, near lake huron ,  from Canada writes:
the man signed up voluntarily, trained to kill, got killed. he died by choice, the innocents Canada's CF murder, do not die by choice. canadian children killing afghan children. i guess it is only sad when the person dying is white, not brown.

canada has not reason to be in afghan, they did not attack us.

So, I ask, why do people get all upset at a few late night TV American nobodies when out own fellow citizens say things like this without recourse?

Comedian on Fox News show apologizes to Canada

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/power-play/tuesday-march-24/#clip153603

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090324/comedian_fox_090324/20090324?hub=TopStories

axeman said:
A response by Tom Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6ihYkJGesc

WARNING LOTS OF LANGUAGE  F  Bombs

"Tom, I hear what you're saying..You're saying that this guy is a f*&^ing b!@#h and should shut the f^&k up...would that be a fair assessment Tom?"

"F&^K YOU MEDICINEMAN!!!"

MM

A warning from DH...  Don't click on the link, you won't get your time back.

What a waste of time, Check the OR was the last great thing to come from Tom.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
A warning from DH...  Don't click on the link, you won't get your time back.

What a waste of time, Check the OR was the last great thing to come from Tom.

DH man! How could I not look when you tell me specifically not to? That is like a red flag to me. Tom Green was actually funny, about 15 years ago, poor guy, kind of embarrassing us now though.

Holy Flanagan... I just got an email petition to have Greg Gutfeld removed from the Fox Network.

Going a little far don't you think?  Yeah what he said was stupid and callous and went over the line but I don't think it's enough to get your panties in THAT much of a wad over. 

Lil_T said:
Holy Flanagan... I just got an email petition to have Greg Gutfeld removed from the Fox Network.

Going a little far don't you think?  Yeah what he said was stupid and callous and went over the line but I don't think it's enough to get your panties in THAT much of a wad over.

:+1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgtyZKjvHpM

Now, this is how Canadians do it!! 

Thank you This Hour Has 22 Minutes ;D

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Now, this is how Canadians do it!! 

No. Thats how 22 minutes does it. Canadians in large part chose to b***ch like 5 year-olds, start stupid facebook pages containing the cream of the crop comments and generaly make asses of themselves in the process.

CDN Aviator said:
No. Thats how 22 minutes does it. Canadians in large part chose to b***ch like 5 year-olds, start stupid facebook pages containing the cream of the crop comments and generaly make asses of themselves in the process.

You forgot comments on CBC and Globe & Mail stories....  ;)

Especially CBC as all the left wing nuts respond to just about every story about our fallen comrades with the same retoric.

SoldierInTheMaking said:
hahahah That was funny, Tom Green is the man!

That wasn't funny. I found that, as a Canadian, terribly embarrassing. Tom Green can be quite articulate and funny when he wants to be. Too bad this wasn't one of those times.

These clowns have had their 15 minutes, which is about 14 minutes too much. They are fourth rate media types who are in the 3 AM time slot. If they were any good, they'd be on after Leno or Letterman.
They ain't that good, and their time is up.

The lumbering slug that is facebook is mobilizing as we speak to fight this injustice! I'm getting all these invites to join a wave of copy & paste social grass roots activism. I don't know why people feel compelled to create these groups, so heavily duplicated and without any COA asides from asking you to click the join button and encourage others to click the same button. Facebook empowers the people to click any molehill into a mountain which has the polar opposite effect of what should be done. In the world of Capitalism, when you ignore a bad product for long enough...it goes away.

GDawg said:
The lumbering slug that is facebook is mobilizing as we speak to fight this injustice! I'm getting all these invites to join a wave of copy & paste social grass roots activism. I don't know why people feel compelled to create these groups, so heavily duplicated and without any COA asides from asking you to click the join button and encourage others to click the same button. Facebook empowers the people to click any molehill into a mountain which has the polar opposite effect of what should be done. In the world of Capitalism, when you ignore a bad product for long enough...it goes away.

God I hate these groups... "Look at me, I'm contributing to [world peace / saving the rain forests / fighting poverty] because I joined a facebook group! What do you mean, I'm not doing anything in the real world? I participated in a march just 2 months ago! A march!!! For peace!!!"

I have been asked to repost this (it is in the Links area).

Remembrance, Canadians in Afghanistan
http://www.glanmore.org/CdaRemembrance.html

We Will Remember Them

Like hemmeroids, the fire will die down and they will fade away.

At day's end these people in question are idiots, and no one is laughing, but they do not deserve any more publicity then they have. Even if its negative, they are making the news.

Sure, smash us on our hockey, our pancakes and lumberjacks, Mounties, igloos and grizzlies in the streets, the cold, but never mock a nation, who's Sons are dying in a common war against terrorism.

Very bad taste.

IMHO, this whole thing has long since ran its course.

OWDU

CDN Aviator said:
That attitude is part of the problem. I'd argue that saying that on a forum is about on par with saying it on Facebook. The method of delivery is the same, only the content differs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back