• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to lose weight in a healthy way (merged)

coachman said:
Hi.
I just remembered one useful technique that military personnel in the past did to drop their weight.

Go to the hardware store and get yourself a plastic wrap and a couple of towels.

Wrap your body from your shoulders to the waist a lot of times, somewhere in the middle place towels. Is to pick up a sweat.
Jog for one hour to warm up and then start jogging for 2 - 4 hours non stop. You will sweat, you will sweat so much.

But, the results are outstanding.

Sounds a bit too kinky for anyone in the military, except the Navy of course ;)

But seriously, that is BS. Having been on a school wrestling team for years, requiring weigh ins to determine what class you would wrestle, we would wear plastic garbage bags and do brutal runs before weigh in to lose 'water weight'.

All this does is dehydrate you, of course, which is bad too.

Agreed.
From Jan to May I dropped 45lbs.
I started with weight  watchers and after a short bit on that, I had a good idea on how to approach meals and eating. I never cut out anything completely, I changed portions and frequency. More veggies and lean meats more often and cut way down on sugary/fatty foods and drink.

Weight loss is 80ish % diet. Eating proper types/portions of food is your key to weight loss, not some weird ass towel wrapping.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Brad Sallows said:
The answer is simple: output > input.  (Energy.)

Yes. However measuring both of those accurately can be tough.

I am perpetually fighting against weight gain. If I'm not active I will pack on pounds quick. The best thing I've done is buy a scale for weighing food. Not only does it help with accuracy, it helps you realize which foods simply aren't worth eating.

Agreed: some people need to approach the problem methodically.  I have been overweight all my life, and was above the "obese" threshold for over 15 years.  But when I finally set out to lose weight, I just cut back my habitual intake and increased my habitual exercise; I established a routine in which I was losing about 1kg/week, and stuck to it for as long as necessary.  Then I gradually allowed myself to increase intake until I reached steady state.  I found simple circuit training - stairs and weight machines - to be highly effective.

Track your calories that you intake and what your burn (Fitbit or etc) make sure at the end of the day there is always a defect (don't starve your self).

I was able to loose 10 lbs in 10 days, mind you I completely cut out breads, pasta, rice, potatoes and drank only water. My caloric intake for those 10 days were in the range of 900-1200 while I burned approximately
4000-4500.

I ate a lot of vegetables, maybe 1 banana per day, mostly chicken brest, steak and drank a lot of water.

Obviously no sugary drinks or anything aside from water.

Back