• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to maintain the tan boots

Bravosixniner

Inactive
Reaction score
I was issued a pair of brown boots and apparently i not have to polish them. But how do i get scuff marks off of it? Btw its not the tan leather material boots its kind of a more softer material. Unill i find out how to keep it clean ill just use them as garission boots.

Step one: go on BMQ and do what your staff tell you to do. Step two: refer to step one.

Also, learn to capitalize properly and use appropriate punctuation.

The correct abbreviation for "Battalion" is "Bn".

Do yourself, and all other Site members, a huge favour: read more and post less.

You're coming across like it's your first day of kindergarten and you had six espressos for breakfast.

Recognize anyone in this little clip? 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

Try being a bit more like Spike and a lot less like Chester.  You'll learn more.

Thanks. I was picturing those guys, but could not remember their names.

Get a suede cleaning kit. You can find it in stores.

trustnoone73

Posts removed.

Let's not have naïve recruits wrecking equipment and getting in shit because of stupid internet advice.

---Staff---

Bravosixniner said:
I was issued a pair of brown boots and apparently i not have to polish them. But how do i get scuff marks off of it? Btw its not the tan leather material boots its kind of a more softer material. Unill i find out how to keep it clean ill just use them as garission boots.

Use hot soapy water and a nail brush, if the boots are brand new and not yet scuffed then a neutral polish works well for attempting to maintain them. Just because you don't HAVE to polish them doesn't mean you can't take 20 minutes and put some work in. That's just my  :2c:

acen said:
Step one: go on BMQ and do what your staff tell you to do. Step two: refer to step one.

He already has gone through BMQ. The issue here is that taking care of the new brown/tan boots was not specifically covered, as I don't remember any of the troops having them at the time (c. fall 2013).

I'm going to necro this thread, sorry.

I was one of the very few people given tan boots at my ongoing BMQ course, and sure enough I already have scuffs on the toes. My section commander pretty much up and stated that he had no idea what to do with them in terms of polishing (apparently they are new and he's probably never worn them). I'm still afraid I'm going to get jacked up though, since the scuffs are somewhat visible.

Back