• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even for the Reg force getting out is ...SOMETIMES...easy. Just know that if you cancel your contract you well not have anything paid for..ie your move back to mom and dads and they can make your life hell...sometimes. It really all depends on what your reason is.

A good buddy of mine joined the air force as a traffic tech..........after about a year or a little more in, he was sick of living in Trenton, told his CoC how homesick he was etc etc etc............they let him go.  No problems.  Apparently they were quite understanding and easy about it.
  Cheers
Me :cdn:

CallOfDuty said:
  A good buddy of mine joined the air force as a traffic tech..........after about a year or a little more in, he was sick of living in Trenton, told his CoC how homesick he was etc etc etc............they let him go.  No problems.  Apparently they were quite understanding and easy about it.
  Cheers
Me :cdn:

If the CF has invested lots of money into your training and the trade is down and out - shortstaffed, they may not be so understanding.

Why even ask how to quit if you have no intentions of doing so?
Seem's a little odd to me  ::)

The way I see it, quitting is the easy way out.
You signed a contract, now buck up and fulfill your end of the bargain.
There should not be any option of quitting.

If someone is willing to quit this after signing a contract, then what else are they not willing to work for?

So Springroll, you've never asked a hypothetical question before just because you were curious and trying to be well informed? It means nothing.

I have to throw in my .02 here.

If you're thinking about quitting before you've even joined, please dont waste the military's time or money.  There is a backlog of people trying to get in who REALLY want to join and are sure about that. You could be taking up valuable space in the lineup that would be better served by getting a real keen person in the pipeline.

My posts on this topic have been completely misunderstood.  :mad:

Do you really blame the misunderstanding??

We are a volunteer Military.  One which has been very hard for some to get in.  It becomes, and always is a passion.

And here you ask how easy is it to quit?

Maybe you are misunderstanding that passion.

dileas

tess

misfit said:
So Springroll, you've never asked a hypothetical question before just because you were curious and trying to be well informed? It means nothing.

Well, I don't see the point in being well informed on how to quit.
That just shows me that maybe you do not have the same level of passion for this as some of us do.
This has been something that I have wanted to do since I was 14....that is 14 years of desire for this, and to have you come on here and ask how to quit, even though you say you don't want to, well for me, it's almost like a slap in the face.

If someone wants to quit, then fine, do so before you leave so that someone else who really, really, REALLY want this, can go in your place.

Misunderstandings?  That is where he Military trains you to be "Clear and Concise" so that there can be very little misunderstanding of what is said.  When statements as those at the start of this post leave too much to the interpretation of the reader, confusion arises as a result.

Misfit has repeated Numerous of times, that her question was hypothetical,  Leave it at that guys and gals, even if  she is unsure, their isn't many who are completely sure they will like the forces or what their doing when they join, so its good to know what your options are.

And Springroll, i don't think you should have any say on whether or not people should be able to quit or not until you have completed all your training, especially basic training. you will see people come from all walks of life, and i would rather have people quit when they know they don't want to be their then to have someone forced to stay and end up being dead weight and useless because they cant get their head into.it.

*CDN*Blackhawk said:
And Springroll, i don't think you should have any say on whether or not people should be able to quit or not until you have completed all your training, especially basic training. you will see people come from all walks of life, and i would rather have people quit when they know they don't want to be their then to have someone forced to stay and end up being dead weight and useless because they cant get their head into.it.

That is why I said in my previous post to quit before you even leave.
Be 110% sure this is something that you want to do or don't take the offer.
It is that simple.

BTW, misfit is male, not female.

"And here you ask how easy is it to quit?"

No. I never asked that. Exactly the type of confusion I was talking about.

I'm not defending myself anymore here. I'm going to BMQ and I can't fu**ing wait. I'll be letting my actions speak from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back