• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to wear the sling when wearing a smallpack/rucksack

2ndChoiceName

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using the issued sling in a two point configuration off the top of the stock and with paracord off the front sight, and I have very little complaints except for when I wear a ruck or smallpack. The sling gets pinned under the smallpack's shoulder straps and won't let me raise the rifle. As well, when I go prone I'm finding I have to unsling the rifle and wear the sling more or less like a necklace until I stand back up. I know a lot of this is just trial and error, but are there any ways around these issues that you have the more experienced members of this site have found?

Cheers

The solution you are looking for is a two point adjustable sling. Search for the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling.

I've been looking at that for a while now, doesn't it require some kind of side sling mount for the front as well?

Yes, to use it properly(on a C7/C8), you need something like this

http://www.cpgear.com/store/slgs/c7c8_forestock_attaching_strap.htm

Thought so. I may just end up getting a rail sling mount and put it on the TRI-AD

Never been an issue for me. C7/C8/AR15 all worked with the one VCAS.

I sadly do not have a picture of me with an actual work gun using equipped with a Vickers sling.

That's what I have done and would try that first.

However let me qualify my answers with the following:
-I am a reservist.
-I don't have to carry my rucksack too far since I work in the mounted role more often than not.
-I use a 64 pattern ruck and try and stay away from the issued small pack for patrols as much as I can.
-I am a geardo/gear queer, but get away with it nowadays based on rank/role/history.

Haha, well I'm a reservist and I'm Armoured Recce, so mounted most of the time as well, although a decent amount of dismounted recce patrols are also done. What's your opinion of the VTAC sling vs the VCAS? Only issue I see with the VCAS is the limited level of adjustability so if I really want to cinch it down I can't.

I have a VTAC and it saw some light use on a previous rifle, but it never grew on me.

Thanks. I'm still deciding but I think I might have to give the edge to the VCAS based on different peoples' recommendations.

Back