• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I call you or you call me?

Maple1eaf

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys just signed up for the forum today my name's Matt =)

Anyways I signed up for the High school Army Coop with a couple of friends around June or so and my coop teacher gave the guys down at Fort York a call and i went in and got all my Recruiting Forms. I signed everything and returned them back but got called a little bit later saying that i needed my updated high school transcript with the 15 credits (i was finishing Gr 10 at the time) and a form that i needed my parents to sign, Instead of Faxing them i figured I'd just go down to the Recruiting center in Toronto and hand it to them but they said my info wasn't sent to them yet because i hadn't turned 16 at the time and to wait till they called me to send in the new forms. I'm kind of worried that they have forgotten about me or something because its been about a month and a half since my birthday (August 19) and i haven't been called yet and one of my friends said that they were doing all the testing in October and to wait till then. Normally i would be patient but the Coop starts in February and I really don't want to miss out on it.

So what should i do? call the recruiting center and make sure everything is ok or wait it out?

Always better to be safe than sorry. Currently I'm in an application process as well into the Canadian Forces and I plan on calling every 2 weeks.

The recruiting centre typically deals with many many people and I'm assuming it is easy for your files/application to get caught up and lost in the mix.

It never hurts to call.

I usually gave them a call about once a month during my recruiting process. It seems to be the happy medium between "I'm still interested" and annoying a recruiter.

Calling/ visiting/ emailing once a month is what any staff in the recruiting centre will tell you. I just go down to the RC every month and check if there's been any progress. Keep in mind that everytime a candidate makes contact, a staff member is required to deal with the query. That time and effort could have been spent in processing applications.

I am discouraging anyone from contacting their RC, only be mindful that there are only a few staff processing hundreds and probably thousands of applications.

Alright thanks for the reply's guys. I went into my Coop office today and had to tell the new coop teacher whats going on and he said to not bother calling the recruiting center and give him everything i have done so far in the recruiting process.

Back