• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I need a career but don't know what I want to do.

gooie said:
  I was reading forces.ca and regardless if I decided to go to with the army, navy, or airforce it's gonna send me somewhere east coast or at least a province or two away.

I'm not sure where you got the impression that you would only go East but are you ever in for a shock..........

that's not what I meant CDN Aviator.

In Esq we have the big naval base and I am sure you know that.

But it seems when you actually go somewhere for the school or basic training it's somewhere out east opposed to here.  I am not sure why that is for the navy.  I think there is an airforce base in BC too, on the mainland though.

gooie said:
I have a big trip I am going on in October for a month.  So I am not sure if I should go down right now or do it after.  I heard that test has a lot of math on it to which is something I am not good at.

Start the process now or at least drop in for more information.  Dont let plans in October put you off as there is a very good chance that you will still be processed during that time.  And if you dont get your name in the que it could potentially make it longer when you do decide.  My 2 cents on that anyhow. 

yes I am trying to think that through.  If I chose a job that was in demand though and I got called or something before October it could mess everything up.

cool well then I guess it can't hurt.

But I still need to decide on a job.

Can anyone recommend anything computer related so I check it out more on forces? 

gooie said:
Can anyone recommend anything computer related so I check it out more on forces?

I recomend browsing through all of the trades, that way you are not limiting yourself. You never know, you may find something that realy catches your eye and has nothing to do with computers.

Go Int Op.  You'll have plenty of use for your CPU experience and it could be a very rewarding job.

yeah I just read that.

I guess I will have to keep browsing.  I really don't know this is hard for me.

gooie said:
I really don't know this is hard for me.

Nobody here is going to make the choice for you so keep reading. Don't worry, you don't have to decide right away.......Good luck and make sure you think about real good like. Nothing worse than being stuck in the wrong trade.

nope definitely not.  I have a lot of friends in college right now who dropped all their classes because they decided they don't want to do ____.

can't put this off forever though I hate my job.

gooie said:
can't put this off forever though I hate my job.

Well then, the last thing you want to do is jump to another job and not like it. The CF is a great place to work and has delivered on everything i had hope. That being said, i rushed in headlong in a trade that wasn't what i wanted and it took me 10 years to get out of it.

how long have you been in Aviator?  What is your profession now?

gooie said:
how long have you been in Aviator?  What is your profession now?

I have been in the CF for almost 19 years and have been flying for a little over 6 years.

hehe I figured that with your name :) but was your previous profession?

gooie said:
hehe I figured that with your name :) but was your previous profession?

As my forum profile states, i was a field engineer/combat engineer before.

oh cool sorry I haven't really browsed this site as much as forces.  Maybe I should check it out some more.

I gotta sleep for work.  I'll post and talk to you guys later.

thanks for the responses.

Back