• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I need my Restricted Firearms: Possession & Acquisition License. Ottawa Area.

Nemo888

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I probably  need this for my new job.  Where is a good place around Ottawa to take it or is there good study material so I can challenge the test?

Thanks

When I did it last year I was told (I can't confirm it's true but I've been told this from a few non-official sources) that you aren't allowed to challenge the Restricted unfortunately, which is pretty stupid because the course is the EXACT same as the Non-Restricted with the addition of two extra chapters, and the written test is pretty well the exact same with the addition of a few questions about pistols.

I think when I did it, it was only 2 evenings anyway, so not a huge nuisance.

ballz said:
When I did it last year I was told (I can't confirm it's true but I've been told this from a few non-official sources) that you aren't allowed to challenge the Restricted unfortunately, which is pretty stupid because the course is the EXACT same as the Non-Restricted with the addition of two extra chapters, and the written test is pretty well the exact same with the addition of a few questions about pistols.

I think when I did it, it was only 2 evenings anyway, so not a huge nuisance.

I did it, no problem, around Christmas last year. I'm in Alberta, though, so no reference for a test in Ottawa.

I challenged the restricted test in Ottawa a few years ago with no issues whatsoever. The tester was a former member of the CF and was nothing but professional.

Contact the RA centre on riverside / bronson.  Thats where I did my test a couple years ago and we did have drop ins who challenged the test.

For the study material you can pick up the CFSC/CRFSC test books for I believe $20 at the same place.  If not, if I ever find mine I can lend it out, I think its in a box in storage somewhere though.

.pdf versions of the books are available on the link I provided to the OP, for nothing.

Awesome help thanks. I think I'll study the PDF but take it at the RA centre.

Back