• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I think I'm ready to see a professional

multihobbist

Inactive
Reaction score
The symptoms include:
insomnia/restlessness, nightmares, unstable hands, flashbacks and incapability to hear words/orders correctly.
It's based on personal-PTSD from 2009, it didn't affect me much until I was reminded over summer 2011 while I was on a tasking in Ottawa.

Two questions:
1. Who do I speak to see a mental health professional in CFB Petawawa?
I do not have a properly established CoC yet and I was told to go to the MIR by a peer.
I've spoken to a padre a year prior and it did calm me down a lot until past summer.
2. Will CF allow me to see a mental health professional if the cause isn't related to the military.
3. Happy new year.

1. IPSC Petawawa. You should be able to find them in the base directory. If not, the MIR is a good starting point. You don't need the CoC in order to seek help.

2. Yes.

3. Thanks, same to you.

CoC doesn't need know. We all been there. There is hope on the other side.

TN2IC said:
CoC doesn't need know.

The CoC does indeed need to know. They only need to know when your appointments are and any employment limitations that result. The rest is between you and the care provider.

I was actually offered to see someone over the summer during the tasking but I kept on brushing it away because it always conflicted with my schedule and didn't wanna screw up anyone I worked with since there were 3 of us supporting 150 people and we also worked on weekends.

The matter actually put me to quite a bit of depression and I ended up being a silent suicide watch even though I never thought of doing such thing.

It involves a loss of someone, pregnancy and happened tomorrow two years ago and I'm actually VERY rattled.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Make sure you contact the OSISS rep for the area, one is located in the IPSC, and another in the Pembroke area;

Shawn Clemett
Shawn.Clemett@osiss.ca
613-687-5511 ext. 2699

Details

Bruce Phillips
Bruce.Phillips@osiss.ca
613-732-9051

Details

Veterans Affairs Canada 1100 Pembroke St. East suite 201 Pembroke, ON K8A 6Y7

dileas

tess

How you making out multihobbist? I had a bad day today. But there is always brighter side to things. Too bad my blackberry out the other end of the deal.

Regards,
Macey

Back