• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IAP/BOTC combined course...?

ya why not show up too early, you might get to do cool things like "cut the grass with scissors and a ruler" or get to "hang out with your instructors in Montreal!" They already have your room sorted, and if you show too early it could throw a wrench into the plans and then you stay in transient quarters etc, show up when they tell you to! don't be too eager, besides if you are there for the July 2nd course why not enjoy your last long weekend for a while!

Rowshambow said:
ya why not show up too early, you might get to do cool things like "cut the grass with scissors and a ruler" or get to "hang out with your instructors in Montreal!" They already have your room sorted, and if you show too early it could throw a wrench into the plans and then you stay in transient quarters etc
hahahahahaha, that's funny
I doubt if there's anyone even working at the mega during the long weekend since it's a national holiday?
I really don't see a point showing up earlier...

beyondsblue said:
hahahahahaha, that's funny
I doubt if there's anyone even working at the mega during the long weekend since it's a national holiday?

Now that's funny!! You are obviously not in the RegF correct? We have duty personnel working 24/7 per 365 on every base; and be guaranteed the kitchens et al will still be running at the mega just like they are on every other base. Do you really think all those recruits undergoing training there are all packing up and flying back home across the country for the weekend?

The Librarian said:
Now that's funny!! You are obviously not in the RegF correct? We have duty personnel working 24/7 per 365 on every base; and be guaranteed the kitchens et al will still be running at the mega just like they are on every other base. Do you really think all those recruits undergoing training there are all packing up and flying back home across the country for the weekend?
I'm a first year university student. Here, when there's a holiday, everything is closed and the campus is deadly quiet. Well, I guess I was being overgeneralizing. Since my IAP starts at July 2, I assumed that there would be a long weekend break before. My apologies. 

The Librarian said:

On my IAP, we were on course over Canada Day. I spent it in the field, IIRC.  So yes, the Mega definitely will be staffed.

Back