• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ICE Tactical Direct Action Rig?

Snaketnk said:
As an infanteer, I can say that I can't forsee a day where we don't have standardized FFO, dictating which pouch contains our cam paint and what side we have to put our canteen with canteen cup and canteen stove. God forbid you label the wrong side of the canteen stove...

This year alone we've had at least 3 FFO Parades.

If a modular system gets issued, I'd be surprised if there isn't a standard pouch placement.

Thank god things are different here out west! I've yet to see an FFO parade in battalion where FFO was inspected for uniformity.

Have the required gear and put it where it works for you. Enough said. TCCC pouches may be the exception to this however.

cheers.

yukon said:
TCCC pouches may be the exception to this however.

I completely agree, there's a reason why FA items are placed in certain areas. Time isn't of the essence when you're trying to find buddy's boot laces, and shouldn't have a standard for that.

Snaketnk said:

It must be a result of your close proximity to that black hole of common sense we call the Infantry School.  That crap just doesn't happen in Pet.

Canadamap.gif

I have this theory that Gagetown N.B. is the Right Outv'er center of the universe and that Nanaimo B.C. is the Dirtbag Hippie center of the universe.  Starting in eastern Canada and working west you start to notice that infantry units get less and less ****ed up. That is, until you hit Manitoba, at which point infantry soldiers are not only allowed to skip shaving in the field but they are also encouraged to avoid showering while in garrison.

;D

Wonderbread said:
That is, until you hit Manitoba, at which point infantry soldiers are not only allowed to skip shaving in the field but they are also encouraged to avoid showering while in garrison.

;D

Haha! Hey now, I thought that's why most of us joined the infantry out west...haybox cake and group showers with the boys!  ;D

Wonderbread said:
It must be a result of your close proximity to that black hole of common sense we call the Infantry School.  That crap just doesn't happen in Pet.

Canadamap.gif

I have this theory that Gagetown N.B. is the Right Outv'er center of the universe and that Nanaimo B.C. is the Dirtbag Hippie center of the universe.  Starting in eastern Canada and working west you start to notice that infantry units get less and less ****ed up. That is, until you hit Manitoba, at which point infantry soldiers are not only allowed to skip shaving in the field but they are also encouraged to avoid showering while in garrison.

;D

And isn't it ironic that 2RCR is less than a 10 minute drive away from where a good chunk of the aftermarket kit used by the CFs is manufactured...  ;)

Snaketnk said:
As an infanteer, I can say that I can't forsee a day where we don't have standardized FFO, dictating which pouch contains our cam paint and what side we have to put our canteen with canteen cup and canteen stove. God forbid you label the wrong side of the canteen stove...

If a modular system gets issued, I'd be surprised if there isn't a standard pouch placement.

Has nothing been learned from over eight years of combat operations in the sandbox?? Still this retardation - what - a slow training day?? - let's sweep hangar floors and make sure every ones' FFO is identical?!
What's that saying - no battle-ready unit has ever passed inspection?

Must be the proximity to the schools - but what a concept - lessons learned from combat ops should be part and parcel of improving/updating training and "standards" to that we are ready not to fight yesterday's war but tomorrow's.

I do agree with IFAK located in a standard location - or just in an obvious pouch (big red cross over the lid or something). Should not influence how an individual soldier wants to configure the rig for max efficiency - ie gross motor skills, left/right handed, role in the section etc etc.

I have over 30 years service and I'm an MWO, and NOT a dinosuar.
Provided your kit is serviceable, fits the cam pattern and you don't dress like Captain Jack Sparrow, that would be OK with me. Talking like Keith Richards is optional though.

Its some of my peers and superiors you have to convince, as some just don't "get it".

OldSoldier said:
and you don't dress like Captain Jack Sparrow

You had to go and take all the fun out of it! I thought the army was a big game of dressup.  ;D

PuckChaser said:
You had to go and take all the fun out of it! I thought the army was a big game of dressup.  ;D

Naw, that's the Navy. Or at least it was the last time I was strong-armed into being a contestant in a beauty pageant on the flight deck.

Hey, gotta do something for fun at sea, n'est pas?

gcclarke said:
Naw, that's the Navy. Or at least it was the last time I was strong-armed into being a contestant in a beauty pageant on the flight deck.

I really wanna burn you, but I don't think theres anything I can say that can top what you already said.. well without involving me getting banned  ;D

-Skeletor- said:
I really wanna burn you, but I don't think theres anything I can say that can top what you already said.. well without involving me getting banned  ;D

The best part is that this occurred in the midst of a beard growing competition which I was also participating in. I though it went nicely with my dress. And thankfully there wasn't a swimsuit portion of the competition.

Back