• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

if you had to do it all over again

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
I am jsut curious about current and no longer serving members what  your idea would be if they  could go back to the day they signed the paper work or in some cases had mom or dad sign to enlist would you do it again all over?

I know i would do it again, and i would make some different trade choices now that I know what is really out there in the big world and what is needed. I had great time but I would sign again if I was 18 and do it all over.

Would you do it again?

just curious
Opie one

Doin it now, still doing it, and will continue to.

NO regrets whatsoever.

In a heartbeat, but there are certain things I would do differently... >:D

Kat Stevens said:
In a heartbeat, but there are certain things I would do differently... >:D

Ditto; I would make new and exciting mistakes.  :pushup:

I had a fine time: great (that's the only word) people doing important things; fun, too, almost all the time.  There were a few bad days, but not enough to make up short month in 35+ years of regular force service.

I would do it again...with some things different (would have stayed Reg Frce is the big one).  Would have kept in touch with a few more people...taken a few more pic's along the way...but definitely would do it all over again.

MRM

Although Canada has changed, I would do it all over again. Maybe this time I would learn not to laugh when senior officers said silly things. Fortunately I took 50% of one of my CO's advice when he recommended that we junior officers learn to drink scotch and play bridge, as senior officers did both. Hint, I still can't tell a grand slam from a slam dunk.

"all over again"?

In a heartbeat, only with a lot more feeling.......

"Ditto; I would make new and exciting mistakes."

- You have probably summed up this thread - present and future - in that one sentence!  Concise and to the point.  The way military writing and speaking USED to be.

- I like to say that the technology makes it interesting, but the people make it fascinating.

In a heartbeat ! My 15 years as a reservist in the CF have defined who I am (for the better). I belong to a great fraternity and I'm very proud of it. The only thing I'd do differently? - join younger !!!

I'm just glad that they pushed CRA out another five years - I was starting to beginning to be getting a little bit too close to the old one.

If I'm lucky they'll keep doing it every couple of years.

Having been sworn in two months ago tomorrow at the age of 38, my only regret is that I didn't do it 15 years ago.

And if you'd joined at 17 like I did, you could have had another six years of fun on top of that.

In a heartbeat, even without army.ca.
Different..??Take a pass on the bucketball game where the knee finally went south.

:salute: damn straight id do it again then a few more and a couple extra to
round it out lol
then id sit back and know the next generations gonna do us proud
as they are now
                            scoty :cdn:

Of course! Just read my signature line.

But this time, with less injuries. (Motrin is my new best friend...Infantry Smarties)

I loved it so much (didn't realise it at the time) I am doing it again.
9 yrs reg...9.5 yrs res.....2yrs civi....rejoining regs at 38yrs old
Can't wait to be a Cpl again. :salute:

[/quote]

This time after Ten (10) years, I wouldn't let a woman talk me into thinking Civie Street would be better for us.

The sad thing is ! after two years in a Civilian PD, I wasn't with her anyways.

Cheers.

FormerHorseGuard said:
I am jsut curious about current and no longer serving members what  your idea would be if they  could go back to the day they signed the paper work or in some cases had mom or dad sign to enlist would you do it again all over?
I know i would do it again, and i would make some different trade choices now that I know what is really out there in the big world and what is needed. I had great time but I would sign again if I was 18 and do it all over.
Would you do it again?
Yes I would.  Only difference: I would have enrolled as an officer at the start AND I would take back in time with me some lottery numbers ;)

J/K

In all seriousness, I think that I wouldn't change my career path one bit.

Back