• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IIHF Sweden defeats Canada 6-5 in shootout

Fatalize

Inactive
Reaction score
"The Swedish players said they were not intimidated by Team Canada and they played like it in a New Year's Eve classic at the World Junior Hockey Championship in Buffalo, NY.

In a game that had five lead changes, Sweden defeated Team Canada 6-5 in a shootout to win Pool B and advance directly to Monday's semi-finals.

With the loss, Team Canada must play in Sunday's first quarter-final game at 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt and face a possible meeting with the United States in the semi-finals. "

www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=347511

Hopefully all will go well against the Swiss(or US) The team needs to put Visentin back in net!!

Kassian will make a difference as well.

Fatalize said:
Hopefully all will go well against the Swiss(or US) The team needs to put Visentin back in net!!

Kassian will make a difference as well.

I agree, Roy is nothing like his father. The Kassian suspension was crap too.... nice clean hit that caught a kid with his head down.

PuckChaser said:
I agree, Roy is nothing like his father. The Kassian suspension was crap too.... nice clean hit that caught a kid with his head down.

Oliver Roy isn't related to Patrick, but either way, it's safe to say he isn't seeing net for the (possible) rest of the tournament.  As I do agree Kassian hit was clean, crap ruling made by IIHF.

Sort of Disappointed in our lose to Sweden; none the less, Sweeds have a great program, played a great game, and they earned it. We will bounce back in our next game.     

Cheers to both teams.

Back