• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Im at the airport...

AllSmiles

Inactive
Reaction score
Just went to check in for my flight to basic and there is no reservation under my name. I have done something wrong...

You mean you are at your airport in Vancouver? I would try calling CLFRS to double check to make sure you are starting basic. Also my platoon number is 127E, if yours is the same then you know you are all green.

Normally they give you your flight information (ticket number, booking reference, etc) at your swearing in.
Calling CFLRS will do nothing. No one there will know anything. You should call your file clerk at your CFRC and find out what is going on.

paleomedic said:
Normally they give you your flight information (ticket number, booking reference, etc) at your swearing in.
Calling CFLRS will do nothing. No one there will know anything. You should call your file clerk at your CFRC and find out what is going on.

Well it's Saturday, that's the problem

Point taken.
However Saturday at CFLRS will likely yield similar results. The OR clerks are not working and his course staff (if he/she knows their course number) may or may not know anything about his flight. If they are in at this time of day.The commissionaires at the green desk will likely not be much help either.

Edited to add: My local CFRC is open on Saturdays. I realize not all of them will be but there is a chance someone will be in the office at theirs and may know how to help them.
Showing up late to basic is definitely NOT the first impression you want to make, no matter who is ultimately at fault. The blame will always come back to the OP, who should have checked on his flight info prior to today.

Well if they can tell him if his name is on the list for the platoon number I named, then it could help, idk lol. Yeah pretty sure he should have gotten documents with instruction on how to arrive by air travel. I live in Montreal already so I'm of no help :/

I have my flight information and everything, I called CFLRS and the WO gets in at 1pm so I can talk to him

On my flight information where it would say ticketed...it says quoted.

I am on Jan11th BMQ, I have officially missed my flight.

No instructions were included with my package from the recruiting center I feel like this is somehow my fault.

Wait til you meet the commissionaires at the green desk. then you will understand. It feels like they are there to make sure no one uses the elevator, no one leaves without signing out, and to laugh at change parades. Oh and to make sure you have condoms or your weekends out (doesn't matter if you want them or not, you must take them. Even if you are just going to walmart).

He took one of those unlicensed cabs and is now sleeping in the mud and eating rocks

Well....
At some point I will be reimbursed ~900$ out of pocket travel cost.
I arrived at 3:00am through the blue door and was herded with some language exchange recruits (I literally just went and did what I was told) until I decided something was definately wrong.
They sent me to the green desk and and the people there got me to my bed at 330am
Wake up at 5am.

Check your booking info from crfc carefully

Back