• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

InDemand: Good time to apply?

pvtLawson

Inactive
Reaction score
I believe I still have a file open but i am not sure, i emailled, been a while, but anyway.

For fun ( and out of interest) i checked Forces.ca and noticed that the majority of job listings are now in demand, Sweet.

Is now A good time to re-apply? like I said i might already have a file open, just have not handed in my documents yet. (the trip is long and didnt do it and evenually felt like it was to long to go).

thanks for the replys.

Apply when you want to apply. (May sound unhelpful but it's true.) Just because an occupation is "in-demand" right now does not mean it still will be when you complete the process (CFAT through merit-listing). If you want to apply go for it but apply for what you want not what is "in-demand". There is definitely no guarantee that applying for an occupation that is currently "in-demand" will aid you in the end.

I'm a little curious about his too, actually. I applied back in February when the trade I wanted came in-demand but by the time my waiver was approved it disappeared.. but is now in-demand again. I'm curious how in-demand works when they have people merit listed for trades. Does it mean there aren't enough people listed for it :S? hmmmmm

I asked this same question on a different site, and got 3 answers two of which were to be honest silly because I was told "It means it's not closed and they are accepting applications." but I figured that's what Now Hiring meant. And one more other poster responded with "It means they are vectoring applicants' attention to the trade and there will be an increased probability of intake during the fiscal year. This does not guarantee an applicant will be part of the intake, or when the intake will occur."

As Goose said, applying for something when it's in demand means nothing really. The average wait in Ottawa is 2 months from application to CFAT. Very unlikely a trade stays 'In Demand' for that long.

90% of the trades listed are 'Now Hiring' which I'm pretty sure means that they aren't 100% filled, but they're not necessarily short on people either.

As far as In Demand, I heard it means a shortage of applicants, not always a shortage of people already in the Forces.

ShadyBrah said:
As Goose said, applying for something when it's in demand means nothing really. The average wait in Ottawa is 2 months from application to CFAT. Very unlikely a trade stays 'In Demand' for that long.

90% of the trades listed are 'Now Hiring' which I'm pretty sure means that they aren't 100% filled, but they're not necessarily short on people either.

As far as In Demand, I heard it means a shortage of applicants, not always a shortage of people already in the Forces.

Well unlike some trades for example "Steward" it has been in-demand for a good 3+ months. I am still putting all my bread into that basket.

1 April is the start of the new fiscal year for all federal departments.  Ergo that is the time most of the occupations go green, because their is a new budget in place and new manning requirements released in line with the new budget.

Back