• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Individual Learning Plans (ILP) [Merged]

NATO Boy

Inactive
Reaction score
I just recently got a 20 page bundle of printed stuff on how to fill out an ILP form but am stuck on two things:

1. What forms do I need to complete the Individual Learning Plan (proof of payment of tuition, program outline, e.t.c....?)
2. Does the ILP get filled out on the CF website and then printed or is there an actual form you can request from your Coy OR?

The bundle I was given looks like it was just printed from the CF website so I'm guessing you do it there...any other ideas? ???

Nato,

When I sent my original ILP in, I had a form that was given to me by the Ed O.  However, I have to make an amendment so I used the form at the CDA website and it looks pretty slick when it is all done.  It is the same information anyways, just looks so much neater!

The documentation I sent in originally was the form itself, substantiation memo and a copy of my MPRR.  Seeing as the substantiation is part of the online form, the only thing you have to include is your MPRR.

The other information is required when you fill out the claim to get reimbursement. 

Cheers

Anyone has the link to the "Individual Learning Plan" site where we can fill in the form for school reimbursement ?

[edit] Ok I found it http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/er/engraph/ILP/ilp_form/ilp.asp

I've attached a link with information on it about the ILP with a direct link to the ILP.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/11_04/11_04_er_e.asp

If you have questions you should feel free to contact your base education officer or the education councellor.  On bigger bases in the CF there should also be a BPSO who can assist in guiding you through the process.

Good Luck

Hi there, I just had a quick question.

I am a reservist and I'm going to university right now, I've received three tuition reimbursements of $2000 so far and I'm planning to put in for my last right away, but I had one concern.

On one of the forms we sign when receiving this money, it has this passage which we must acknowledge:

"2. Member statement:  Attached is a copy of the approved ILP with required receipts, proof of successful course completion and a CF 52 General Allowance Claim to apply for reimbursement under the Education Reimbursement program for Primary Reserves.  Expenses submitted were mandatory for the course(s) identified.  I intend to remain employed by the CF for at least one year following the completion of the course(s) claimed."

Basically, once this year of school is done, I'm planning to go and work out of the country for something I have lined up.  It's been a good run but I'm planning at this point to bow out and end my career as an army reservist.

So what I'm wondering is, for anyone who might know, given that I'm planning to quit within the next year, if I were to put in for this last tuition reimbursement and I receive the money and then turn in my kit and quit prior to "one year following the completion of the courses claimed" - Will the army make me give the money back?  I just want to know whether or not I should put in for this.

Thanks a lot.

So, you are going to sign a form stating that you plan on staying in...when you have no intention of doing so.  Are you seriously asking if you should do that?

a_himself said:
  I intend to remain employed by the CF for at least one year following the completion of the course(s) claimed."

I think you already know the anwser to this.  If you don't "intend" then don't take the money.  At the very least give the chain of command a heads up.  (or at the very least be prepaired to give back the money)

a_himself said:
On one of the forms we sign when receiving this money, it has this passage which we must acknowledge:

"2. Member statement:  Attached is a copy of the approved ILP with required receipts, proof of successful course completion and a CF 52 General Allowance Claim to apply for reimbursement under the Education Reimbursement program for Primary Reserves.  Expenses submitted were mandatory for the course(s) identified.  I intend to remain employed by the CF for at least one year following the completion of the course(s) claimed."

You are signing a Legal Contract.  If you intend on breaking it, you will have to pay the consequences, which will probably include the return of the money you falsely claimed.  If you were signing this with a Civilian Company, you would be sued on breaking that contract, for the return of those monies, so why would you think this would be any different?  Surely you, as a University student, must be able to fathom this?

54/102 CEF said:
Hey - circumstances change - just like in reg and res.

Yes.  That is very true.  It doesn't mean that one shouldn't be prepared to pay back in full what they received, perhaps under false pretences (as this person has already admitted to).  Otherwise, it may be considered a Criminal Offence.  No employer is going to pay you for services not rendered, without recouping their money. 

a_himself said:
Hi there, I just had a quick question.
Yes.  You must remain in the reserves for 1 year after your course ends (you can also transfer to another component of the CF & still get the money).  If you remain in but do not parade, you still disqualify yourself for the money.

Wouldn't you feel guilty doing this? This isn't a student loan.

Please don't milk the system, their is already not enough to go around.

Wow, God sorry for asking!

I'm just wondering, because as we all know there are a million different little apparant rules and regulations within the big beauracracy of the Army that are sometimes enforced and othertimes skipped over without any seeming sense of regularity.

I had never heard of this prior to reading this form, and I was curious as to just whether or not this is a strict, always enforced provision.  That's my main concern with this, they've given us a hundred different little lectures on the ILP program, brochures and stuff, and before reading this portion of the contract, I'd never heard ANYTHING about having to remain in the reserves for 1 year following the courses completion.

I'd be prepared to pay it back obviously.  You guys all act like I'm planning some huge scam and I'm going to become a fugitive with my big $2000 payday and live a life of luxury on some tropical island somewhere until my days are up lol.

Feel guilty about checking out a potential route to cut into my 30 000 dollars of student debt?  Sorry, no.  I'm not planning to go and take a pistol into the pay clerks office and force her to deposit the money into my account, I'm not looking to break the law, but if I knew I could get around a rule like this, why not?

a_himself said:
........  You guys all act like I'm planning some huge scam and I'm going to become a fugitive with my big $2000 payday and live a life of luxury on some tropical island somewhere until my days are up lol.

Feel guilty about checking out a potential route to cut into my 30 000 dollars of student debt?  Sorry, no.  I'm not planning to go and take a pistol into the pay clerks office and force her to deposit the money into my account, I'm not looking to break the law, but if I knew I could get around a rule like this, why not?

And you want us to think you have ethics after posting that?  Stop posting now.  You are only digging a deeper hole.

It has nothing to do with ethics.  Signing the pay sheet for your buddy when he's not there is unethical - Checking to see if one particular rule in the sea of rules that may or may not be enforced is or isn't is not unethical given the circumstances.

It's unfair for you to antagonize me for something like this.  Unethical would be to attempt to violate some sort of policy and escape the consequences.  If I accepted this reimbursement money and were forced to pay it back after I have breached a provision of the contract, I'd accept the consequences obviously pay the money back.  You guys are throwing this buzzword out but not using it correctly.  It's beyond hypocritical.  If we are using the term as such, one could list a dozen different practices which are commonly practiced and accepted within the CF which are terribly unethical.  A simply variation from a written provision does not instantly define that act as "unethical".  Come on you guys should know this.

I'll give up if that's what you want, I believe it is, but you guys are really looking at this in a very black and white manner - ignoring the circumstances and variables that would counter your position, and acting as though you have a solid argument against this kind of things, even though you're probably being highly hypocritical.

Stop!  Just Stop right now.  The highlighted part of your post, the part you are now trying to deny saying, but which you did make (the statement is now a matter of record), is where the question of ethics enters the picture.  All the back-peddling you want to do now, only contributes more to the folly.  Just let this topic die.  Don't dig any more.

The only folly here is everyone here deluding themselves acting like I'm some scumbag trying to destroy the foundations of the military while you guys are all Saints who have no concern for yourselves whatsoever and are better than those who use common sense in dealing with the situations we face rather than simply using black and white rules (which in so many cases for us can hardly be called that due to the lack of consistency) to determine your conduct in a colourful institution and world.  It's easy to hop up on a pedastal and act this way on the internet though.  This is a fantasy world on here it seems.  I'll take reality.

I apologize for trying to fact check on here, I won't bother you guys again.  I'll just ask at the unit where I'll get an honest answer rather than ten different people looking to put someone down and pump up their self-righteousness a little further.  It's funny because I bet you guys a million dollars, I could have asked this very same question to a MWO at the regimental headquarters and they might say "Oh no you wouldn't be able to get away with that" but I wouldn't get crap on and basically called a thief as here. 

Again, so sorry for upsetting everyone.

C'est tout. 

Proud to work alongside you guys.

a_himself said:
Unethical would be to attempt to violate some sort of policy and escape the consequences. 
Do you mean like making off with $1,000 despite a policy that says you have not earned that $1,000?
a_himself said:
rules and regulations within the big beauracracy of the Army that are sometimes enforced and othertimes skipped over without any seeming sense of regularity.

... if I knew I could get around a rule like this, why not?

Back