• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Inf. O. Application process.

cotea

Inactive
Reaction score
I went in person to the Toronto recruiting center and applied for Inf. Officer, Armour and Artillery as 2nd/3rd choices. That was last Tuesday (Oct. 6th, 09).

I had everything on me, filled application paper and everything went well. I was surprised though when they told me all 3 positions were full untill next year, sometime after spring it might open up.

They offered other positions that were opened but my mind was set on what I wanted. Regardless, I told them I would wait it out and go on with the remaining tests.

So my next appointment is next Thursday for the CFAT (Oct 15th, 09).

Let's see how long this is going to take..

Wow, armour and artillery are filled up aswell? I thought they where in demand. Kinda sucks that we have to wait but it does give us time to get into shape.
Good luck.

Armoured Officer is full and Arty Officer has one spot left as of right now. NCM is NOT for either. Make sure you don't get confused between he two. Ask any NCM and they'll tell you we have too many Officers anyaway no matter what trade.

Is it possible that positions open up if let's say someone drop out/cancel their application? I'd like to know more about the Officer surplus situation.

A.

The "surplus" was a joke. Anyone currently serving in an NCM would understand. There will be no more OFFICER positions until April unless the trade has a huge need between now and then.

Finished my CFAT and I was booked for an interview on the same day in the afternoon. When the interviewer told me the interview was useless because all 3 trades were full and canceled the appointment. "come back in March and try again."

Half a year wait.

/end

Congrats on the CFAT but that sucks to hear about the interview. I would be seriously down if someone said that an interview with me would be useless.

Good luck on the wait at least it's time to get more in shape and impress in your training as well as preparing for your interview and impressing the interviewer.

Back