• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Reserves DP1 [MERGED]

nadspa3

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
  I am a reservist.  Last summer I completed BMQ-L but due to civilian work commitments I could not complete the DP1 infantry course.  Does anyone know if they will offer the old DP1 infantry or a bridge course this summer 2013?  Or will I force to complete the new DP1 Mod1 and Mod2 course to be a qualified infanteer?  Thanks in Advance

Hi there,

from what I understand from talking to infanteers on my BMQ, there will be one last round of courses being held this summer before the training plan changes (though this is still speculation), and if you miss it you will have to repeat certain material when doing your DP1. When I heard this the BMQ-L DP1 change was still speculation. Best bet is to talk to your unit though.

The change is not speculative. Reserve infantry no longer do BMQ-L; last summer was the last iteration of that. They now do a two module, two month DP1 infantry.

I'll try to remember to have a look at work tomorrow and confirm whether any of the 'bridge' courses are running this summer. I suspect they are.

Thanks for your responses.  I'm really hoping to do the bridge course, and repeat MOD1.

Bad news for you dude. I just pulled up the course standards. Summer 2012 was the last summer in which the old system was being run. Not being qualified, you'll need to do DP1 Inf from the start, both modules.

It's inaccurate to think of this as a 'repeat', because the new Mod 1 has some material you'll not have done.

DP1 Inf Mod 1 is nearly all the weapons. You'll do C7, C6 GPMG, C9 LMG, M203 40mm grenade launcher, the M72 short range anti armour weapon light, the Carl Gustav 84mm Short Range Anti Armour Weapon Medium, the hand grenade, and you *may* fire 9mm pistol, though that's not mandatory for reserve DP1. So yes, you'll be repeating grenades, C6 and C9- big whoop. More practice is always good with the weapons.

Mod 2 is all the field stuff. Section attacks, recce patrols, defensive, and platoon level stuff as well- raids, ambushes, etc. Again, more practice on the section level basics is a good things. Too little time is spent on this stuff. You will have a better start as a soldier for having gotten more training on these core skills.

So, at least now you know.

Brihard said:
Bad news for you dude. I just pulled up the course standards. Summer 2012 was the last summer in which the old system was being run. Not being qualified, you'll need to do DP1 Inf from the start, both modules.

It's inaccurate to think of this as a 'repeat', because the new Mod 1 has some material you'll not have done.

DP1 Inf Mod 1 is nearly all the weapons. You'll do C7, C6 GPMG, C9 LMG, M203 40mm grenade launcher, the M72 short range anti armour weapon light, the Carl Gustav 84mm Short Range Anti Armour Weapon Medium, the hand grenade, and you *may* fire 9mm pistol, though that's not mandatory for reserve DP1. So yes, you'll be repeating grenades, C6 and C9- big whoop. More practice is always good with the weapons.

Mod 2 is all the field stuff. Section attacks, recce patrols, defensive, and platoon level stuff as well- raids, ambushes, etc. Again, more practice on the section level basics is a good things. Too little time is spent on this stuff. You will have a better start as a soldier for having gotten more training on these core skills.

So, at least now you know.

Based on that, the courses aren't changing at all... I was on the last BMQ-L ever being run for Infantry (it was a legacy course), and it had everything that you just said the DP1 Mod 1 has in it, excluding the pistol.

Actually maybe I learned a couple of the weapons on BIQ, I dunno lol

Thanks for your replies.  Extra practice is always nice but I only need 203 40mm grenade launcher and the Carl Gustav.  I have had one training year at my unit and with money so tight, does it make sense for me to do 4 weeks of training that I have essentially done for the sake of a one week bridge course?

Sort of sucks.. I just recently OT'd to infantry, was hoping all I would have to do is the one month of dp1 this summer.

Hey guys.

I'll be on the reserve infantry DP1 in Meaford this summer, and am without a kit-list.  The Class B route card and package i was given gave a link for the kit-list, but the link doesn't work for me or some of my buddies.  If anybody knows what it is can you post it?

Thanks
Modify message

Once shalt thou posteth thy question, and in one forum only shalt thou posteth it.

Not twice in two different fora, and thrice is completely out of it.

Have you asked anybody in your chain-of-command? That is one of many reasons for their existence.

The link is likely DWAN-only as well, are you trying to view it at home?

You're going to pack everything you took with you on Basic. The only difference is, don't pack all your winter/Arctic gear. Rain gear and stuff for mud is a must though.

You should be given a kit list proactively by your chain of command. If you have not been, then someone is not doing your job. As a recruit nobody expects you to know what you're doing.

Ask your immediate supervisor for a kit list, and explain tactfully that you need it quickly. If they cannot give you a definite answer in a timely fashion, then go to your unit's officer during the day and present yourself respectfully to the Ops NCO who deals with courses, taskings etc, and explain what you don't yet have. If you have engaged your chain of command, gotten nothing, than go directly to ops and they give you crap, they are wrong.

My son recently joined as a MARS ocdt. Although I encouraged him, a while back, to ask for his kit list and joining instructions, it wasn't available... Until such time as it was suddenly too late. He got his paperwork 1 week before leaving - during exam time... Be proactive. If all else fails, use your BMQ kit list.

Hey. After how long is an infantry soldier considered fully trained? On the CAF site "The starting salary for a fully-trained Infantry Soldier is $49,400 per year" So what exactly is fully trained? i've googled it multiple times, and searched this site, but I can't find anything. I'm thinking it's after one year.

OFP/"fully trained" is completion of DP1 Infantry. Your salary would not go up because of completion of this course, it would go up with time in(3 pay incentive levels for Pte). Once you get 3-4 years in, you will be eligible for promotion to Corporal and that would be the first big raise for a NCM.

Keep in mind that 'fully trained' is subjective and being used on the recruiting site to mean "occupationally qualified" to something called OFP (Operationally Functional Point). 

However there is much more training and experience to be had by all trades that go beyond the OFP (aka USEFUL in some way, shape or form...). 

:2c:

Actually, an infanteer is fully trained after he has been in his/her first firefight, applied the lessons learned (Don't shoot up the forest - aim your fire, etc.) and survived.

Before that the infanteer only thinks he/she is fully trained.  ;D

Back