• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

infantry reserves

• Thread starter Thread starter Catherine
  • Start date Start date
C

Catherine

thank you to everyone who has given me advice. it really helped me get a perspective of things. I‘m joining the army to serve my country and to live an adevnture, i‘m not out to prove anything (lol)! It sounds logical to be at an advantage in a minority when being chosen for the infantry.
Anyway your idea of joining the reserves right now (since i am in high school) sounds like a nice plan to get a feel for it. What would i do to get in right now? could any of you give me some help in getting in? who should i talk to? do i have to do all the tests and whatnot like the regular force?
Thank you for your help!

Not exactly familiar with the process of joining the Reserves, but if you have a recruitment office near you go there. There really is no better information then that from a direct source. They‘ll give you an application and explain everything you need to know there.

Good luck with joining.

to join the reserve, it‘s best to goto the unit your interested in joining, getting info from them, an see what trade‘s are open in that unit, then filling out the application, then the unit will send it off to the CFRC, then the CFRC will call you for testing and such

it can take ahile to get into the Reserve

I had to wait 6 months from the time I put in my application, to the time I got into my unit

The best bet is to go to the units that specialize in the trades you are interested in. They have recruiting staff, and it is most likely that CFRC will send you to them anyway. Your initial application needs to go to the unit anyway.

Seeing as you have access to the internet, I would recommend following links to find out about the units in your area.

Just a thought (I do have them sometimes)Armygirl.
You‘re interestd in the infantry, and if the info on you is correct you‘re in Calgary right? Unless I‘m mistaken there is only one Reserve Infantry Regiment in Calagary, the Calgary Highlanders.

One of the more prolific and helpful members on this site Michael Dorosh is I believe a Calgary Highlander. I‘m sure if you were to PM him, he‘d give you the benefit of his wisdom on the matter.

sounds like a great idea, i‘ll continue my research for infantry in calgary
thanx

The best thing that you could do, while you are in school, is to finish it.

While you are there completing your education, expand your career knowledge by experiencing the reserves.

Once you are done your schooling, high school and beyond. And if you like being in the Infantry, then join the regular force.

Good Luck!

:cdn:
‘Pro Patria‘

Back