• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Trade Badge

C

c4th

Now that the DP system has nearly replaced the QL system what trade badges do pers wear?  QL6A was bayonet with crown.  Now that JLC/JNCO (ISCC) has been replaced with DP2, 2A, 2B, 3A what is worn??

Cheers,

http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/army_trade_badges_e.htm

Note: Infantry Level 3's link is incorrect. Simply replace the ...2.jpg with ...3.jpg

Maybe the question was not clear.  I am not looking for jpgs of infantray trade badges.  I could go to stores and get them. What I am asking is what crses does a soldier require to wear level 2, 3, 4.

I am assuming that Level one = BIQ
level 2 = maybe a QL 4 or DP2A or maybe PLQ and DP2B?
Level 3 = DP3A
Level 4 = DP3B

Is there anyone doing anything differently?

Things were simpler when there was less than five career courses between Pte and WO.

SeanPaul_031 said:
why does lvl2/lvl3 inf badge look the same? Or is there a detail im missing?

See JBeach's post...only 2 posts above yours.

Just out of curiousity (I searched, but alas...), when are you allowed to wear the infantry cap badge?

Are you talking about the generic, crossed swords with the Maple leaf? You might wear that after basic while you are doing your trades training, or you might just continue wearing the Tri-Service hat badge till you qualify to wear your Regimental badge.

larry Strong said:
Are you talking about the generic, crossed swords with the Maple leaf? You might wear that after basic while you are doing your trades training, or you might just continue wearing the Tri-Service hat badge till you qualify to wear your Regimental badge.

Yeah, I meant the generic crossed rifles w/ the maple leaves. I've heard divulgent claims - that you can wear it after BOTC, that you have to be done CAP, that you have to be done Phase 3, etc. I hate wearing the tri-service cornflake.

You are awarded the Infantry Corps badge after completing SQ.

You wear that until you are fully MOC qualified and have passed your DP1 Infantry course..(BIQ).

MikeM said:
You are awarded the Infantry Corps badge after completing SQ.

You wear that until you are fully MOC qualified and have passed your DP1 Infantry course..(BIQ).

Ugh... I guess that's the equivalent of CAP for officers, meaning the damned cornflake is going to be sitting on my head for another year.

ok back to the original topic which badge is worn for which level completed?

Here is what info I was given by the best source I know for these things.................................Uncle Dougie.

LEVEL 1(Bayonet)- On completion of DP 1 Basic Inf course
LEVEL 2(Bayonet with Wreath)- On completion of a DP 2 course(for example Basic Recce)
LEVEL 3(Bayonet with Crown)- On completion of DP 2B PLQ INF
LEVEL 4(Bayonet with Crown and Wreath)- On completion of DP3A course(Small Arms)

Answers all questions I hope. Legacy courses still wear old levels of trade badges.
Infantry trade badges such as Pioneers, Mortars and Anti Armour(less PPCLI) are now extinct.
Sniper, Recce and MG are still worn by those pers assigned to those positions and Platoons.

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers

DELTADOG13 said:
Infantry trade badges such as Pioneers, Mortars and Anti Armour(less PPCLI) are now extinct.

PPCLI still have Anti Armour?

DELTADOG13 said:
Here is what info I was given by the best source I know for these things.................................Uncle Dougie.

DELTADOG13 - Excuse me for my ignorance but who/what is Uncle Dougie?  I have been looking many different places, from the lowest of the pte to the highest CWO and no one had the same answer.  I have my DP3A and I was told I needed to upgrade my trade badge to level 4 on my uniform but then after it came back from the tailor I was told that only people with DP3B wear level 4??? 

Each different location seems to make their own rules.  Is there official information with rule sna regulations concerning this badge?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

DELTADOG13 said:
Actually, that's LdSH (RC) to be more correct: E Coy, LdSH? ;-)

Go Argos!

Are you awarded your cab badge after SQ. Or is it that you are allower to wear one after SQ?

CQMS,
You are correct if you do put on the Level 4 Inf Badge as it is now worn on completion of DP3A Small Arms or for the applicable Advanced course. Example: Adv Recce =Level 4 Crown, Crossed Bayonets and Wreath.

Cheers,
DELTADOG13

PS Uncle Dougie is a old WO of mine who has never been wrong ever. Sadly he has been posted.

Back