• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Inherited Cap Badge- Can I wear after BMQ

cnobbs84

Inactive
Reaction score
Kind folks,

Long story short good friend of my family was in the Black Watch long long time ago and served in the logistics branch, he never had kids. I am going to BMQ for SUP TECH and I was wondering how cap badges work. I know I will most likely be given my Logistics branch badge after BMQ but would I be able to wear his old cap badge by chance?

Best Regards

If it's the same as the current issue hat badge, and the same as the one currently issued to you go for it.

If it was a "long long time ago" the hat badge may have changed since... is it by any chance made of metal?

Sig Op, Yes it is metal. other than that it looks the exact same from what I can tell from pictures.

a Sig Op said:
If it's the same as the current issue hat badge, and the same as the one currently issued to you go for it.

If it was a "long long time ago" the hat badge may have changed since... is it by any chance made of metal?

I start BMQ this saturday so I may need to wait to see what cap badge I am given after BMQ.

Since you're going Sup Tech, you will be issued and wear a Log cap badge.

PMedMoe said:
Since you're going Sup Tech, you will be issued and wear a Log cap badge.

Moe, I know I will be wearing the Logistics Branch cap badge. But my question is can I wear the old family friend cap badge as it looks the exact same as they do now except the one he gave me is 100% metal. I think the new Logistic Branch cap badge I believe may be embroidered cloth.

cnobbs84 said:
Moe, I know I will be wearing the Logistics Branch cap badge. But my question is can I wear the old family friend cap badge as it looks the exact same as they do now except the one he gave me is 100% metal. I think the new Logistic Branch cap badge I believe may be embroidered cloth.

No.

Nuts, Well I guess I'll just hold onto it and make a shadow box.

Thanks Gents

cnobbs84 said:
Nuts, Well I guess I'll just hold onto it and make a shadow box.

Thanks Gents

A great and prudent idea.  Good luck on your BMQ.

If you are going RCN then I believe you would still wear a metal badge on your peak cap.

Guess I should have read this thread before I answered his PM.  ;D

Folks, if you send me a PM, I will answer it ... I do not have the time to log in during working hours ... I'm a busy girl, but I will respond. Just sayin'.

Just pin under your lapel like the others do.  8)

Back