• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Initial postings for linemen

futuresapper

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, I ran a search and have been browsing for a while and I can't seem to find any information on this, my apologies if it's been gone over.  What can I expect to see as initial posting choices? I understand that where the man power is needed is where I'll end up but what should I expect? Are Kingston, Edmonton, Gagetown or Pet good guesses? Is there anything else that I should know?

Gagetown right now is in a bit of a transition as linemen are gradually being posted to field postings, You can still request the area though.  Only Edmonton has a support position left for linemen in their ASG Sqn.
More than likely you'll be heading for a brigade or you might get into JSR kingston for your first posting, but Linemen can also be posted to air force and navy bases as well. At least for now.

Thanks alot for the help, that was definately what I was looking for.

Edit: What can I expect from a field posting? Also any recomendations/ favorite postings?

Have personally seen a lineman get posted to ottawa fresh from QL3 Reg force. So I guess anywhere they are needed and if the circumstances permit.

I finished my 3's in Sept of 09 from my course we had 4 guys sent to various units in Edmonton(1 PPCLI, 3 PPCLI, and 2 with JSR.) I myself got sent to Wainwright. Also had 2 stay in Kinston 1 in Ottawa 1 in Cold lake 1 in Comox and 1 in Gagetown but he had a spouse posted there. So basically anywhere that is needed. I also know we are getting 2 guys off the 3,s Spet of 2010. 

Back