• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

interesting research paper to read

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
I found this research paper while doing a search, it is a very interesting read. I think it explains a lot of the reasoning behind the lack of tanks, and other armour weapons in the CF. I found it very  interesting and educational. Learned some new terms,  and some inside jokes ( REECE BY DEATH is a militia term , I want a t shirt)  and learned about operations planning and what was planned and what  did not go according to plan. Politics, careers, and other reasons we have the LEO C1 and the history of the RCAC .
some of you may have already  read this pare but for those who have not. see what  you think
http://www.seanmmaloney.com/Ch18RCAC.pdf
i found the various tank replacement programs interesting, lack of money and political will power mostly, training cycles , lack res force training  is not a new thing i learned,  long term and short term plans for the armoured units. all very interesting
like to hear some feed back after you read it, be warned it is along paper.

Good find.

They are all sections that were edited out of "The Royal Canadian Armoured Corps" an illustrated history. Its a good read and quite well done, but par usual, they took out anything that might have been controversial and/or pissed off the powers that be.

If you want the book, I got my copy from Chapters, but you may be able to get it through the unit.

Back