• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

International travel Between Offer and Enrolment

T.I

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I've combed the threads and I can't find a direct answer to my question.

Are you allowed to travel out of the country in the time between accepting your offer and the enrolment ceremony? Do you need permission from the recruiting centre/have to notify them? My swear in date is Aug 16th, about two and a half months away from my May 28th offer date and I'd like to do some traveling in the mean time. I've accepted my offer and filled out all the required forms. I don't foresee any thing crazy coming up between now and my swear in date. Would it be alright to travel for about 6 weeks? I would still be reachable via email and phone.

Thank you.

Best to check with your local Recruitment Center. The more senior members on this forum can't access the 'recruits only' postings so you won't get their input.

I did some travelling in Jan and Feb while I was competition listed and checked with a recruiter and he said it was fine. My destinations were all Commonwealth countries though. Just check with your RC; doubt anyone here can help you buddy.

I did well when I read thoroughly and understand immediately that is good for us, especially me.

Tee I said:
I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I've combed the threads and I can't find a direct answer to my question.

Are you allowed to travel out of the country in the time between accepting your offer and the enrolment ceremony? Do you need permission from the recruiting centre/have to notify them? My swear in date is Aug 16th, about two and a half months away from my May 28th offer date and I'd like to do some traveling in the mean time. I've accepted my offer and filled out all the required forms. I don't foresee any thing crazy coming up between now and my swear in date. Would it be alright to travel for about 6 weeks? I would still be reachable via email and phone.

Thank you.

I just checked with my File Manager (Toronto) upon receiving my offer. I also plan to do a lot of travelling prior to enrollment and he said it's completely fine.

Back