• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview on may 11, will i make it for summer?

• Thread starter Thread starter ludacris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s becoming more and more apparent that this thread has no end. Please do keep it up though; as all these rants have made an otherwise boring day an amusing one.

alright, I never said I know how tough it will be to make it in the army, I understnad it is not an easy feat at all. And I never thought i‘d just walk through basic, I understand it will be hard, and I undertand it is very different from cadets, all i was saying, is that I have a basic understanding of ranks and respect. I know how to take orders. Now as this whole thing of an "attitude," comon now, what self respecting person wouldnt defend themselves, when a bunch of people he has never met before, and never will, tell him that he wont make it in the armed forces all because of bad grammar and spelling. Its the most ludicrous idea you can ever conceive. Sure i respect those who are in our armed forces, and sure I understand that I have a long way to go before Iam in. But the fact that the moderator has threatened to ban me becuase of poor grammar and spelling is ridiculous.

I have no "attitude", I‘m not trying to start fights with people, you guys just keep laying on these insults for no apparent reason other than you all think your right and im wrong, and that i‘ll never make it in the army cause i dont spell correctly. Now really just stop, I‘ll attempt to spell better and use proper grammar. This got old about 40 posts ago.

Hmmm. Ill take a stab into the foray :p

Ludacris: You will most probably make it through basic, SQ, BIQ and perhaps even up to MCpl.. but if you continue with that attitude, once you reach MCpl, you may learn that the people below you dont want to listen to you, because they know better, and the officers above you could care less because you know "better".

If you don‘t like the advice you are getting, or the reaction you are receiving, make a stand, fine. State your displeasure. But state it coherently. And then go away. You don‘t have to fix it if you don‘t want to, you don‘t have to take my or anyone else‘s advice. You can go right on running your mouth.. but to what end? Will it really make you feel better?

We could all really care less. This is an anonymous (for the most part) webboard. Yes, RCA is a little annoyed, because he may have to yell at you one day for running over his foot because you knew better when you were being trained.. or worse.

Take our advice, leave it. entirely up to you.. just remember you came here asking the question.

RE: Cadets:

Ahh what can I say about Cadets. An excellent organization for giving and building military foundation and fostering a sense of interest in the forces and dedication to country, queen and fellow citizen.

It can also be a wonderful place for disillusioned children to run around powertripping and pretending their training was of professional military calibre all the time.

Unless you have a course that earns you accreditation in the forces, shut the **** up. If you have the experience, one of the hallmarks of someone who deserves respect is one that never asks for it. By that I mean, DEMONSTRATE that you demand respect, do not DEMAND IT.

If you practised your little heart out on the rifle range, or on the parade square. AWESOME... take that experience, and use it when you become a professional soldier. Use it to offer advice to those who have never learned any of it.. I know I learned a lot from fellow OCdts who had been cadets... but Cadets is not the professional military. stop pretending it is.

To everyone else re grammar:

I am positive I‘ve made several mistakes so far. That said, I agree that ****** throughout a post is a rediculous thing to see, and if someone can not speak clearly, people just refuse to listen to them. If you intend on getting your point across, speak as clearly as possible, or in this case write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back