• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Investing SISIP vs Big Banks vs Credit Unions vs Private Firms

gryphonv

Reaction score
I'm looking at advice from current members who use SISIP or some other entity for investing.

Since I'm being medically released I'm looking at a fairly large sum of RRSPS (over 100k), and after my VAC goes through, possibly another large sum of cash that I have no immediate need to spend, and being maxed out in RRSPs I am not sure where to move it.

I am planning on dealing with SISIP as they seem to be pretty good, I'm not sure how competitive their rates are compared to others. I essentially want a hands off investment approach that give me updates every quarter. SISIP appears good for this, and I assume their rates are good, and the fact they reinvest back into the military is a good thing in my mind.

Anyways, any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

It should be less where and more what level of comfort you have with the adviser you work with.  That relationship is key.

I personally do all self-directed stuff with ETFs (20% Cdn, 20% US, 15% Europe, 15% Asia, 20% developing, 10% cash/bonds, rebalancing semi-annually), but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Back