• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is anyone else applying for a support trade?

There is a huge shortage of clerks at the moment. They can't get them trained quick enough to make up for the retirements and releases. So if you are going Clerk the chances of you being selected this go round are probably pretty good.

We still have to wait for the official offer, and well, sometimes you are confident and sometimes you are not so much...so we wait.  It's why the official offer call is so.....thrilling, jump up and down, tell everyone you know and random strangers too, exciting.

LOL. Your excitement is enough for the both of us. Maybe even more. That's good. Glad you are excited to be a Clerk, it really is a great trade, if MSE OP didn't work out for me I would have considered going back in again as a Clerk.

I left a 15 yr job in manufacturing to go back to school and get my Payroll Practitioner Cert.  Yeah, I WANT to be an RMS clerk.

well hopefully you end up in a Fin Cell somewhere. Most of the times Pay isn't handled by you at all unless you are in Fin. As an RMS Clerk the majority of your daily job is going to be paperwork. Data entry into HRMS, Leave passes, drafting and proofing memos and letters, sorting incoming mail and initiating and finalizing claims.

All of it is good with me...and training on peoplesoft which is a bonus.  Hopefully my credentials will get me into fin. eventually if not immediate.

Good on you guys for enjoying that stuff... me and budgets and all that stuff, just nope. Ya'll have far more patience then I do. I hope good news starts flowing your way soon. How are you making out with things FarmerD?

I'm excited for all of you!  I don't even know you and I look forward to your posts of offers!  ;D
I find out the results of my bloodwork on Monday.  I'm praying it all is in the clear so I can send the paperwork in and get passed the medical part.  My interview is all done, just the medical and background check awaits.  Here's hoping!

Got to love waiting on medicals! Just had my ECG done but have to wait for the recruiting center to get back to me because the doctors office wants to charge me $200 for my doctor to sign 3 pieces of papers agreeing to past illnesses are under control :/. Loooong week!

Hey Colta, Things here are still going. No word yet on anything being completed. Only been a full week since things were submitted for processing, ie credit check and background and PLAR.

I will send an email mid next week to check if things are progressing. None of my references have been contacted, but I also don't know if they will be contacted anyways since the prior service thing. They may just use that as my references as they know my character and work history based on my MPRR's.

I signed up for credit report monitoring and noticed a soft check done by an e-commerce authorized patron and I haven't applied for credit anywhere so that could have been Garda. Hurry up and wait I guess. No worries.

Well, hopefully all of that doesn't take too long. I know for me it took them about a week to initiate my background check and about a week from there for Garda to contact my references (only had to call one as that person gave them enough info to cover 5 years)...
And yeah, gotta love the hurry up and wait.

Yeah exactly. And since I have only been out 4 years the references that I used have known me for 15 with combined work history, so the first one they contact if they contact should suffice as 4 years previous my MPRR will provide them the info they require.

Good luck

An update on my side, my blood work came back with great news, no sign of diabetes!  ;D. I'm thrilled, now I just have to send the paperwork into the medical office in Fredericton to get sent to Ottawa.  And then I wait...

Pushpin said:
An update on my side, my blood work came back with great news, no sign of diabetes!  ;D. I'm thrilled, now I just have to send the paperwork into the medical office in Fredericton to get sent to Ottawa.  And then I wait...

That's awesome Pushpin! You're going through CFRC Fredericton? Me too!

Actually, I'm going through Charlottetown but my file was sent to Fredericton until my medical paperwork was completed and sent there.  The medical officers come from Fredericton to Ch'town every month (or every six weeks), I was fortunate to get in to the June session instead of waiting until the end of July.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Well hello fellow Maritimer anyway! :D

Excellent news Pushpin, another step closer!  I am still waiting for that call....

Back