• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is it worth it?

Joining the army to be a grunt?

• I'ed rather be a grunt than on a cruise ship with playmates and beer and gambling... dream vacation

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The first year was alright but know it like ________.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • It ok, but it could be better.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • It great!

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • I'ed rather be a grunt than on a cruise ship with playmates and beer and gambling... dream vacation

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

AZA-02

Inactive
Reaction score
im about to join the regular force as soon as i hand in my paper work which was very long and painfull to fill in :crybaby:, and i was wondering
with you old sea dogs that have 20 years of experience in the infantry, should i join. Im scared of not being chalenged enought and then wanting to leave. I've been wanting to join since i was 13, four years ago, so i know i want to be a grunt. Being 5 foot deep in mud in the middle of nowhere in winter doesn't bother me at all :warstory:, but sitting on my ass in a barrack would. so what is it like ???
"dont tell me it what i make of it" :army:

With any trade in the Military you have some down time. If you really want to do infantry, then go ahead and do infantry. Just find things to do in your down time. If needed volunteer for some extra duties, just do whatever you can so that you not stuck in the barracks. From all the military and ex-military people I've talked after a while and a few oversea tours of duty you may look forward to the rest.

Back