• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is the system Broken?

VAC is now working on the adjudication, Stage 3, of files that reached HO in PEI in March 2016, thus they are way behind.

But heck, all those renewed VAC offices, closed by Harper, plus one new one in the Minister of National Defense riding are open. That will speed your file up. ;D

Opening new offices is just employing more Public Service people who, according to the AG's new report:

“We see government programs that are not designed to help those who have to navigate them, programs where the focus is more on what civil servants are doing than on what citizens are getting, where delivery times are long, where data is incomplete, and where public reporting does not provide a clear picture of what departments have done.”
“Our audits come across these same problems in different organizations time and time again. Even more concerning is that when we come back to audit the same area again, we often find that program results have not improved.”

Waiting forever just to get rejected, then start all over again with an Appeal is justifying Public Service jobs.

A government who spins it's wheels to undo everything that the previous government did is childish.

I've got an army buddy who just got hired on as a benefits adjdicator. So they are hiring, at least, and seem to be giving consideration to people with military experience. That's a good thing.

I think Afghanistan has bogged down the system- capacity shrank just as need and case complexity increased significantly. Now vets are paying for it.

I am aware that VAC is looking at accepting medical decisions made by the CAF about service attribution for disabilities. That would be a very positive step. The fact that vets have to fight twice to have their injuries or illnesses accepted as legitimately linked to service is insulting and redundant.

Back