• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is there anybody here waiting for the Oct-Nov DEO board meeting results?

• Thread starter Thread starter JOHN LEE 27
  • Start date Start date
Take a look at this link, it is where DrSize got that info from, plus it has much more useful information.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/policies/med_standards/engraph/cfp154_chap3_e.asp

JOHN LEE 27 said:
I have some unofficial info about openings for fall Board.

I "heard"  zero  positions available for CELE and AERE
              SIGNALS - 7
              MARS- 26
is there anyone out there heard the same story from your recruiters???? 

I'm now officially terrified.  CELE and AERE are the two positions I applied for, and if there are NO openings... that's not what I wanted to hear.  I figured with an '04 Queen's EE degree in hand and a history of physical fitness getting in would be a walk in the park.  Is there any way to find official confirmation on something like this, so I can know right now to start looking for a job again?  And here I thought I found a way to avoid the dog eat dog civilian engineering world I didn't enjoy the past two summers.

K, last time I checked they told me that it was AERE was open. their exact words was: " They ( the Board) doen't meet if there are no openings."

Does anyone know what is going on?????? :-\  I'm gonna talking the day off tommorrow to physically go and check!!!  :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

have some unofficial info about openings for fall Board.

I "heard"   zero   positions available for CELE and AERE
              SIGNALS - 7
              MARS- 26
is there anyone out there heard the same story from your recruiters?  

k I physically went to the MTL recruiting center this morning. They assured me that there are indeed openings for AERE. So I don't know were U guys get Ur sources, or which country recruiting board U called   :P

JOHN LEE 27 said:
BOARD WILL SIT NEXT MONDAY, NOV 8th

So if you get chosen in that board will you be sent to the January bmq?? or is there an earlier one??

Thx..

Good afternoon everyone!

My name is Jeff, and as you can see I am a second lieutenant. My MOC is SIGNAL OFFICER and has gone through the whole horrific experience with the recruiting center.....just like most of you. I entered in the DEO program in Jan 2004 so if you have any question as to my experience please feel free to let me know (jeff_au@hotmail.com).
Now, let me put some facts on the table....the recruiting process is very long but it's totally worth the wait. As for the CELE air positions.... forget it!! There is basicly only one way to get into this trade....and it is purely internal!! My suggestion is to choose another MOC that you wouldn't mind trying. Rumor has it (and it has been confirmed by many high officials) the CELE(air) trade is over-saturated. They have too many people already in the trade and won't mind loosing a couple if you know what I mean. From my experience, AERE was also closed.... at least for the last year or so. It is possible that it's been re-opened by I am sure the demande will not be that high. As for infantry and amour...well guys I think your in luck....they always need people in these trade and I wish you the best of luck (Gulp!)

As for the selection board procedure, my experience dictate that if you are selected in the November board....chances are you will be starting your basic training in St-Jean de Richilieu, QC at the begining of January 2005. For those who will be starting basic in 2005...have fun and most importantly don't be a loner...work with everyone you can to build an esprit de corps.....they are really big on that!!

Cheers
2Lt Au

does anyone know what is the lag time btwn end of DEO board meetings and actually job offer phone call????????  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Okay, this is how it goes.

The board met last week. The board gives the files to staffers. Staffers write up the offers and notify regional CFRC centers. (For me it is Halifax). Halifax forwards the offer to the local CFRC office. The CFRC office then contacts you with the offer. Each step can take 1-3 days. When you get the offer, you probably will not be sworn in until after January 1st.

Apparently you can not be on Leave without pay for more than 30 days.

Perhaps we should start a book club while we wait.

Good Afternoon everyone,

First of all, I don't work in the recruiting center so I don't have any specific info on the number of candidates that they'll be hiring per board, but what I do know is that certain trades are in destress or in dire needs of people basicly from heresay on the base. So as for any specific trades...I don't know. I do know that all combat arms trades are in destress and so are Signal Officers. As for Mech Eng....I don't know what trade your refering to...either Mechanized Combat Engineers or maybe Electrical and Mechanical Engineer (aka EME). If it's EME then from what my collegues are telling me, the trade still requires people and yes it is open.
As for how long does it usually takes to get the call....well I was on the merit list last november when the board last sat and didn't get the call until 1st or 2nd week of December. From what I heard, I was pretty much the first guy on the calling list (because of my name not my results) so the offers won't come out until then, but definately before the 18 dec 2004 at which point the base basicly shuts down for the holidays.
Once you get an offer, start packing (at least get the joining instructions) and by the first week of Jan 2005 you will be sworn in. I had less than 1 week to pack so don't wait.

Cheers,

Jeff

One guy in my platoon is CELE and was up for selection last spring (when I was selected).  From what he and I can gather, the main reason he got accepted for CELE and I didn't (I got SIGS, which I'm happier with anyways) was because CELE was his only choice. 

Back