• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

is this a good idea?

I think it's an awsome idea.  Me and a few people in my corps are organising a reunion/party at the end of the school year with people from our platoon at camp.  We're going to get a few campsites.  You should try that, maybe.!!!  Have fun!!!

:salute: Fallschirmjager  :salute:

2332Piper said:
Who cares?

not trying to be rude but i kinda care.....but hey whatever.....thanks for thinking it is a great idea......i actually talked to a few of the people i wanted to come but they all said it would be hard to do it so yeah I'm probably just going to leave it alone....we will see how this year goes....

Piper was addressing your request to know what your deleted post was about.  It is clear as it was quoted.

I think that this is one of those times you just let it die. He said something wrong and apologised, he made a mistake. Everyone does it. Just drop it now.

But I agree it is an awesome idea. Just make sure you don't wait to long, because people change, and a lot of people may not care enough to go in a few years.

Regards,

Just by looking at the title"Is this a Good Idea".. If you have to ask then odds are it isnt a good idea.. Sorry..

hey it is okay everyone is entitled to their opinion, but really I only made that title to see if other people thought it was a good idea. Personally i think it is, if you have the time. And desperately want to see those people again before next summer when you might not get to see all of them.

Next summer is awfully close.

I would suggest the viewing of the whos going to camp thread.

Not a good idea! People usually will never show for reunions unless there getting paid $$$ ;D, or if it is a mandatory attendance type event  >:(. So If you decide to go ahead with your idea make sure there is a lot of planning and good organization, because no one likes a party with only 3 people. 

Yeah thats true I dotn think that I am going to do it. Summer is very close and the people that I was going to invite are going to camp so there is actually no point. But I thank everyone for putting in an opinion, and it was great reading them to see what everyone thought on the subject.

on to a more intelligent topic... Why dont't we all just wait until next summer when its out last summer anyway. organize something really big, cause well all have drivers licences and jobs anyway.

ouyin2000 said:
the best thing you can do, is finish off your summers as a cadet, and staff and whatever else you plan on doinging, then joining the Cadet Camp's Alumni Assosciation, and telling all of your camp buddies to do it. You wont need to be too heavily involved in the planning of the meetings, and everyopne would be able to get together every year...you could even make some mew freidsn by doing it/

I've never heard of this.  How do you join?

Buschgirl427 said:
on to a more intelligent topic... Why dont't we all just wait until next summer when its out last summer anyway. organize something really big, cause well all have drivers licences and jobs anyway.
And not everyone can drive, or has a job :-\

I don't think there is much, since it has only been used as a cadet camp since 1994, whereas Vernon has been around since '49

The idea of a reunion is pretty lame.  Yeah you make a bunch of friends at the CSTC but most of them return the next summer.  If you do organise one I doubt alot of people will be willing to come all the way to wherever your gonna have it just to see you and some others.  Plus what about the people from out of province?  The best thing to do is when your in an area that you know some of your buddies are from look them up in the phone book and go hang out for a few hours or somethin, if you go through all the pains of setting up a reunion somewhere your setting youself up for a letdown when like, 2 people come.

Back