• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is this possible?

Kate723

Inactive
Reaction score
If you have everything done- except for being sworn in-, can you change from Reserves to Regular Forces? Or would you have to re-do everything? I've done  a search on this, and I couldn't find anything about it.

Phone the recruiting centre and ask then you know the right answer

what? I'm bored. The wife is mad at me again. Or still. Or whatever. These two laughed when they read it, I know they did. It was funny!

Kate723 said:
If you have everything done- except for being sworn in-, can you change from Reserves to Regular Forces? Or would you have to re-do everything? I've done  a search on this, and I couldn't find anything about it.

Depending on the occupation you wanted in the Reg F and how you did on the CFAT, you may have to be reinterviewed and/or rewrite the CFAT.

how about infantry? would I have to be re-interviewed for that?

You would NOT have to rewrite the CFAT, only if you were going for a different trade where you failed to make the cutoff (NCM).  If you are a DEO, you can get a waiver for the CFAT. 

Now, to answer your question: you cannot just go REGF.  You appear to be changing your mind and trying to backdoor into the REGF.  You have to change component and then get on the merit list.  That would be the processing involved and the recruiting center would accommodate you.  Reserve intake and Reg intake are pretty much separate worlds.  The Reserves have a spot for you, the REGF might not, that is why you have to be merit listed to see if you get selected in competition with all the other applicants for that trade.  The Reserves already found you competitive, which means you are good to go with them as long as your processing was successfully completed, which it was.

Kate723 said:
how about infantry? would I have to be re-interviewed for that?

Were you applying for that in the reserves?  If the trade you want in the Reg F is different from the one you wanted in the reserves then you may have to be reinterviewed.  Call your CFRC/D.

yes, I was applying for infantry.

ifeelweird, I'm not changing my mind right now, I was just wondering if it was possible. Thanks for the answer! I have to call teh CFRC/D anyway, so I'll ask when I do. :salute:

Another option would be to continue with your enrolment into the reserves then, once you are trained, try for some class B employment (full time reserve employment with REGF) or apply for transfer to Reg.

Kate723 said:
yes, I was applying for infantry.

ifeelweird, I'm not changing my mind right now, I was just wondering if it was possible. Thanks for the answer! I have to call teh CFRC/D anyway, so I'll ask when I do. :salute:

Then you probably had a target interview and will now require a more in-depth one but of course check in with your CFRC/D.  It is not a big deal if you switch your component now and ignore ifeelweird because without a complete profile his advice means nothing.

Back